Thursday, September 21, 2023

I Like Thurs #126

I see it's been a while since I posted an I Like post. That doesn't mean I haven't had anything to like. It means I've been lazy or busy or maybe both. I looked through some of my pictures and can tell you that there have been things that I've liked. So here are some of those in no particular order.

My SIL with the dog showing off their 48# of sweet potatoes grown in the backyard garden. Definitely ready for Thanksgiving!


My brother and SIL have a great garden. They successfully grow all sorts of veggies including peppers. Here's a puzzle-worthy picture of some red and yellow peppers.

I watered the clematis and got a late bloom. There were actually three flowers on it last night!

In spite of the clematis bloom, this tree reminds us that Fall is right around the corner.
Do you remember I shared that Brody started school? If not here's a reminder.


Look how good he is writing his name now and also coloring!


I started and finished "Lessons in Chemistry" by Bonnie Garmus since last post. This book was recommended to me by my friend Sharon. It is a very enjoyable read. It was funny, poignant, sad, and just a really good book. If you can lay your hands on it, read it!

GoodReads summary HERE

I have now started "The Maid" by Nita Prose. Can't remember how I came across this book. Maybe on the NY Times Best Seller List? Anyway, I'm not very far so I can't say if it's any good yet or not.

GoodReads summary HERE

I've eaten some really good food lately but I'll save the recipes for next week's post. This has gotten long enough. But speaking of eating, the other day I saw this guy in our backyard looking for dinner. He was back again today but I didn't get to my phone in time for a picture. Obviously this is a 5-star restaurant for him! Haha!


I hope you enjoyed a few of my likes. Wishing you a very good week!

Linking up with LeeAnna @ NotAfraidofColor

7 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! How fabulous that you've been having so much fun gathering likes that there was no time to share them!! FORTY-EIGHT potatoes. So cool! This is on my docket for the Spring. A built-in science experiment for my littles! I remember being blown away when my dad showed me how to plant potatoes. Great job, Brody! You have some difficult letters - remembering the right way for a "B" and a "D". He's a Super Star! Happy Thursday, friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be quite a garden your brother and SIL have! The peppers are beautiful! Exciting times - Brody going to school! I really liked Lessons in Chemistry, too. Haven't read the other one, but I have seen it recommended. You'll have to give us an update on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great harvest of sweet potatoes. Mmm a sweet potato pie would be so delicious. Aah Brody is adorable and he is doing a fabulous job on his printing and coloring. I hope he is enjoying school

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that EPP project in your last post Susie.
    What great results from your SIL's garden. Love sweet potatoes and peppers too. I read the Maid but it didn't hold my attention the further I got. I'm finding that lately with me, premise is great, a good start but then my attention peters out. It's just me. Brody is a cutie and is certainly doing well with the printing and colouring esp for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read both those books and really liked them. A few of our trees have a little color in their leaves too. The seasons are definitely changing. Your brother and sister-in-law must be great gardeners. Our vegetable garden wasn't as good this year. Could we have had too much rain?? Who knows!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, those sweet potatoes! How big is your sis's garden? Is she on acreage or just in her backyard? Brody is adorable - does he like school so far?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checking in...hope you have a great weekend, Susie.

    ReplyDelete