Saturday, September 16, 2023

I've Been Having Fun!

Yes, I've been away from blogging for a while but it's been because I've been having FUN! My sister (Linda) who lives in TX has been visiting! I'm pretty sure you understand now, right? Of course you do!

What did we do while she was here? We visited three quilt stores, had a mini retreat over 2 days at a local quilt shop, enjoyed Tips & Techniques at another quilt shop, cooked meals together, tended to Mom together, went though a few things at Mom's house, and visited a local apple orchard. We walked Gracie every day and paddleboated most evenings. All in all, we had a GREAT visit. And through it all, Fred cleaned the kitchen, made sure Mom was OK when we played away from home, managed a couple of appointments made for the house, and, generally speaking, held down the fort without complaint. The last part being most important. Thank you.

Linda left yesterday and I was off to get Mom to hair weekly hair appointment so Friday Night With Friends started early. While Mom got her hair done, I finished most of my EPP project. Then while watching TV last night, I officially finished the sewing and started removing the papers. Here it is, front & back.

There's a little RSC turquoise in here too!

Some of the papers removed from the center

While on the 2-day mini retreat, I managed to complete three blocks for Twilight Stars QAL with Primitive Gatherings.

Accidentally made this block with the dark in the middle

The actual "assigned" blocks for this week

Then it was time to do a little serious RSC sewing. Got four turquoise/teal pineapples sewn up. Obviously they're missing their tops at this point but that will get done before month's end.


Besides a little secret sewing and a little shopping, I had to laugh at this stitchery in the bathroom.


I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be pulling out papers from my EPP and working on the last Uptown block!


Linking with Wendy @ Sugarlane Designs for FNSI and Angela @ SoScrappy for RSC.

10 comments:

  1. Your visit with your sister sounds so fun! Glad you were able to do so much and that all was well with your mom and Fred in the meantime. Your projects are fun to see - love those pineapple blocks in turquoise and teal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You and your sis had a lot of fun! And yes, a partner who steps up is marvelous, but without complaining! Priceless! About that block with the dark middle….who doesn’t love a bit of diversity? She could be the ever important label block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sew glad you had fun - happy to see aqua pineapples

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have quality time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy. Your EPP is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely visit from your sister. Go Fred!!
    I don't enjoy removing the papers either! Pineapples look great - even if they are topless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have certainly missed you , Susie, but how wonderful that you were spending your days with your dear sister and family and how wonderful that Fred took care of the kitchen chores. It sounds like you had a great visit. Oooh paddleboarding sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you and Linda had a wonderful visit! You have been busy in your sewing room too. Your star blocks are fun and I love the aqua/turquoise pineapples, even though I don’t think I would want to eat a blue pineapple! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susie! I'm so glad you had fun with your sister. Sissies are just the best, aren't they?!! Congrats on making progress with your projects. Those RSC blocks are gorgeous. Children and chickens - yes, I definitely see the similarities. Mom, mom, mom., mom, mom . . . {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that little EPP project! Such pretty blocks this week! It's terrific when our husband's are such great partners, and just take over those tasks with no complaint. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete