Thursday, September 28, 2023

I Like Thurs #127

Good morning and welcome again to an I Like Thursday post. There is quite a group of us that share happy things. Each week LeeAnna gathers us up right HERE. Take a break and check in, if you like.

My first like is this beautiful Amethyst Bean Runner. First off, my February birthstone is amethyst so of course I love this plant! This year I put a trellis at the base and it really took off! We have a walk-out basement so the deck is 2-stories high. 


Here's what it looks like while up on the deck. I've got loads of pods with seeds if you'd like a few! Haha!

On "The Kitchen" we saw Geoffrey Zakarian make this Upstate-State Roast Beef Sandwich. While we didn't make sandwiches, we did enjoy it as a roast. Mother LOVED it as I finally made some beef that was rare enough for her. Obviously one could've cooked it to a higher temp if desired.


A couple of other recipes (without pictures) that we tried and found delicious are Tortilla Pizza by Spend with Pennies and this recipe, Slow Cooker Corned Beef by Real Food Whole Life, which my sister brought with her when she came to visit.

As for my reading, I finished and loved "Lessons in Chemistry", but you already knew that. I recently started "The Maid" by Nita Prose. I'm finding it a different sort of read but I am enjoying. I reread the synopsis on GoodReads and it has me wanting to keep going for sure.

GoodReads synopsis HERE

I can't finish the post without a picture of a grandson and today's picture is of Brody. He was just getting dropped off at school. Grandpa really loved his St. Louis Blues shirt! Everyone else just loved his happy, smiling face!


Have a great Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susie!! Oh, your amethyst plant is just gorgeous! I have never had any luck growing them but seeing your plant makes me want to try again. And GZ is my boyfriend - although he doesn't know it. HAHA! Michael Simon, too. That roast beef recipe looks like I should give it a try, too. I've got The Maid on my Holds at the library - I just have to wait my turn. And finally, Brody is just too darn cute. How can you not smile when you see his lovely face?!! I hope he had a fabulous day. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing plant! Does it produce beans, or is it ornamental? Thanks for sharing the recipes - the roast beef looks yummy and so does the pizza! Brody has such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah Brody is a handsome fellow. I hope he had a great day at school. Wow on your bean runner! You certainly have a green thumb! And the roast beef looks so yummy. Thank you for the links to the recipes. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing bean runner and neat it matches your birth jewel. It is so much fun when things grow well, isn't it. Beautiful Brody and great dishes you shared...thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brody looks happy to go to school! I have read both of those books and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brody is adorable. Your roast beast looks so good, you've a green thumb
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brody looks like a sweetheart! Glad he likes school. Your runner beans are spectacular - I have tried and tried to grow scarlet runner beans, and they always fizzle out. Did you plant yours in pots? Maybe the trellis is the secret. Whatever it is I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. missing your I Like posts... hope you're just on a break but okay
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete