Saturday, November 11, 2023

There Goes September AND October!

Started: October 2, 2023


September has come and gone and I have no finishes to show. What the heck happened? My sister came and we even spent two days sewing at a retreat center together! Oh well.

Here in Illinois we had the All-Illinois Shop Hop running from August through September. I managed to get all the stamps for my region. My completed passport went out in the mail Friday. I would like to mention that, after visiting a nice quilt shop in Columbia IL, Mom, Fred, and I went to a restaurant called Reifschneider's for an early dinner. What a surprise to find that we were there on a Tuesday and the special of the day was: 6oz sirloin, dinner salad, and mashed potatoes for $12.95. What a deal!

My hands haven't been 100% idle though. I have to confess


Finishing this post today, November 11:

Update: I won a Regional Grand Prize on the All IL Shop Hop again this year. You may remember that last year I one an AccuQuilt Baby. This year I scored a Janome Serger! It was donated by Times Square Quilt Shop in Jacksonville IL and I'll pick it up soon. Last year's prize was donated by A to Z Quilt Shop in Quincy IL. At least this year's travel to pick up the prize is a bit closer.

So what have I been up to? I finished all my blocks for Uptown. They need to be squared up, the set-in triangles cut, and then the top sewn together. Here's a photo of the last block. I ran out of bigger pieces of red fabrics used in the previous blocks so in this block, where I used red it was supposed to be blue and where I used blue it was supposed to be red. Looks fine and the quilt police didn't even raid my studio! Lol!


In September I started another quilt with Sentimental Stitches called Red Threads. I'm using brown thread instead so I'll have to come up with a different name for my quilt. It consists of 49 embroidered blocks which we get a new pattern every Friday. Here are a few that I've completed although many need to be pressed.




My Favorite So Far
Just this morning I put the tops on my RSC turquoise pineapples. Geez, they were started in September!

From This ....

To this!

Twilight Stars Sew-a-Long with Primitive Gatherings is still going strong. Here are a few pictures of new stars recently made.



Made These at Kinderhook Retreat in October

Oopsy Doopsy!

That's a Better Star on the Left Now

I found an old project from 2005 or 2006. All it needed was to be quilted and bound. It has Insul-Bright inside so you can place a hot dish on it. I think I'll use it this Thanksgiving for the mashed potatoes!

Very Old Kansas Troubles Fabrics
Finished at Kinderhook Retreat

Back Side to Show the Fancy Machine Quilting Stitches

I used my Accu-Quilt Baby to cut out two quilt tops, one for me with my fabrics and one for Vickie using her fabrics. We joined Sharon, who had cut out her own quilt top, and then all three of us sewed our tops up at Kinderhook. All three look different and mine is definitely not photogenic. It's actually kind of ugly looking, isn't it?
Sharon's

Vickie's

Mine

Of course another Chubby Charmer had to be made. Here is the Fall version for my daughter. The fabric line was Fall Frolic by Moda, I believe.

Polly Needed to Check It Out When I Got Home
That pretty much catches you up on my sewing endeavors. Last month we did our annual Fall Family Visit and I'll catch you up on another post. This one has gone on long enough. Did you make it to the end? Congratulations! Hahaha!

Sharing with my RSC friends on Angela's SoScrappy blog.

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you really have been busy. The pineapples are just the cutest, but those new quilts are sure pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congratulations on your Shop Hop WIN!!! Cute Pineapple blocks. What's this about your ugly duckling quilt top? I think it's just that your close-range photo doesn't show it to its best advantage. The colors are great!! Glad you made it back to the blog for this update. Time has a way of slipping by, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been productive in your absence! I like the goat too! One little embroidery each week seems doable. Aren’t retreats wonderful for getting things done? Lovely colourful projects. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats can't resist checking out anything new that comes in through the door. Just as I couldn't resist checking out your brown stitch project. What a fun treat to get a new design weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to get caught up on where you've been and what you've been doing! Congratulations on your win, too! You've got a fun variety of projects going on - I especially love the turquoise pineapples. The Chubby Charmer tote is a fun one - love the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to see here! You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Uptown block - looking forward to seeing these all together. Great work on all your RSC stuff and what is wrong with your quilt top? It is lovely, bright cheerful and a great colour combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , Susie! You need to buy a lottery ticket! Congrats on your win. You have certainly been staying busy. I am still in love with your pineapple blocks. It is always a delight to see them in different colors ; this is going to be a stunning quilt. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like something about your new purple star is not quite right. I'm not trying to be mean, I just want you to catch it now, rather than later.

    ReplyDelete