Thursday, November 23, 2023

I Like Thursday #129

Today is Thanksgiving. I like to think that ALL the I Like Posts are about Thanksgiving. Anything that makes you smile, makes you happy, gives you a warm fuzzy, can be reasons for giving thanks, right? So here's another I Like Thursday/Thanksgiving post from yours truly.

Look at this beautiful clematis that was appreciating our nice weather. Gracie & I were appreciating our beautiful weather on our walk too!

Is this upward view on the trail something? Definitely added to my Thanksgiving List this year!
My friend's daughter had a Friendsgiving get-together last weekend. Charcutier boards were the potluck theme. Here's a picture of my friend's dessert board. Isn't that Rice Krispie Turkey in the middle of the back wonderful??!!??
My daughter sent this picture to me from her local grocery store. She was very impressed (😜) with the marketing on this loaf of bread. She's pretty sure it's just plain ole white bread but I think it has poultry seasoning in it to taste like stuffing but no mushrooms, oysters, or other "different" additives. What do you think?

Last Thursday Mom, Fred, and I went to a Veteran's Day luncheon with the Troy Senior Center. They served ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans with bacon, and for dessert - your choice of pumpkin or apple pie. It was delicious but the best was yet to come! They honored all veterans from all branches of the military and we were entertained by the Scott AFB Airlifter Brass Band! They were magnificent and we certainly were privileged to meet these fine young Air Force musicians.




To say we were razzle-dazzled would be an understatement. They played a little jazz, a little marching music, a little orchestral, and an extraordinary rendition of a medley of all the military branches, including the US Marine Corp, the US Navy, the US Army, the US Air Force, the US Coast Guard, and the newest US Space Force! We didn't even know the last two branches had songs! Man, are we old!!! Lol!

Yesterday's walk, Gracie & I went up and over the bridge to see what our friend Emma was talking about when she said there's a giant Care Bear on the other side. She was right! There's no plaque to explain it but there it is.



Last week we watched (on two recommendations) "All the Light We Cannot See" on Netflix. It has four installments, each about an hour. It took us two nights to watch the whole thing. We all enjoyed it. I can add that I read the book in April 2022. Besides synopses, GoodReads is also good for keeping track of books I've read! You can read about the book HERE but watch it on Netflix.

On top of all this, we seem to be in good health around here so we are all thankful for that as well. Warm Thanksgiving blessings to all of you and your families!

3 comments:

  1. Your clematis is a gorgeous colour! I will look for that show. We need something good to watch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the color of your clematis. That dessert board looks terrific. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal and concert for Veterans Day sounds so nice! When we went on a trip to New York State a few years ago, we really liked the Wegmans stores, but I have to admit, I've never seen bread specifically made for stuffing. Hope you've had a great Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete