Friday, July 19, 2019

Good Intentions


Tonight being Friday Night Sew-In, I had good intentions to sew my String-X block for the month. Rainbow Scrap Challenge has picked PINK for July and I was ready to get started. However, Polly had different ideas. She decided that my lap was the perfect spot for a long, evening nap.
Hard to fit behind a sewing machine with her on my lap, so knitting it is! You can see where I was the other day on my Abate sweater here. Yesterday I took my vehicle to the shop because there was a recall on it. I managed to mostly get a sleeve knitted while waiting and finished it last night. Tonight for FNSI I got a great start on the second sleeve while watching the Cardinals game.
As for a Scrappy Saturday progress report, I am pleased to say that I managed to complete two Tiny Tuesday blocks. I had gotten behind due to being away on vacation. The first block I needed to complete was from July 9th -- an adorable Bear Paw block. Was glad it was an easy one!
Then I looked to find the block for the 16th. Ugh! A pig? Really? Well, OK. Pretty sure I can manage it and we had a guest designer, for which I'm grateful. I thought about volunteering a block but not sure my skill level would be up for it so who am I to complain? Anyway, here's my Tiny Tuesday Piglet.
Don't look too close at the wonky seams. The entire block measures a perfect 7-1/2", unfinished. Works for me!!

Earlier today I also put together a Leader & Ender top by Bonnie Hunter that she called a Lozenge Quilt. It's an I Spy quilt that I thought I'd give to Brody. Changed my mind on that because I don't think his mother would like it. It's VERY scrappy. I didn't take a picture of it but you'll see it when it's finished for next month's UFO project at my LQS.

It's been a flurry of activity on my projects. You might think I missed my sewing machine while I was gone -- I did!

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. What a cute little piggie! Love the fabric you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that PINK fabric that you used for your Bear Paw!! Best of luck with the finishing of the Lozenges quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little piggy block. Polly does look very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie beautiful work my friend ,lol your cat has the right idea,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And who wouldn't love any kind of I Spy quilt??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete