Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Happy July!

New month means new projects, new color. Rainbow Scrap Challenge for July will be PINK! I looked ahead and have discovered that there are five Tuesdays in July. This means five Tiny Tuesday blocks in pink. Making me smile already!! Brace yourselves for pink all month long! And don't forget: That also means a big PINK String-X block will be coming this month as well.

I accepted the UFO challenge from Country Threads. They're calling it the Dirty Dozen and you can see my list on the right. You may notice that Snowman Quilt is #8 and also #12. That's because #8 was selected and I'll be short on time this month due to vacation and wrist surgery when I return. I only picked 11 UFO projects and decided that whatever number was picked for July would also be my #12.

Here is a picture of my Snowman quilt. I'll have to look back to see when I got the top pieced. I know I did the bulk of the work (and maybe all of the piecing) at Todd Hall retreat quite a while ago. I fell in love with the colors and even ordered the backing at the same time that I ordered the kit. Did you see that the border fabric looks like it's knitted? Part of my attraction to this project too, of course!

That's the backing on the right side of the photo. In case you hadn't noticed, this project is Polly Approved!

I took my Cat Hair Wall Hanging to OSewPersonal for the Show & Share portion of their UFO Challenge. It ended June 25th and the next one is due August 27th. Number 4 was selected which coincides with my Lozenge Baby Quilt. It was a leader/ender project with Bonnie Hunter several years ago. This baby quilt took me 2 years to finish most of the top. I'll roll this one to the finish line in the next month or so. Might end up being a Project Linus donation quilt. I'll take a picture when I get it pulled out.

Of course there is my knitting and I've decided to join Camp Loopy for the month of July. I didn't join June because June was SO BUSY with the quilt show and Sarah coming to visit. However we're going on vacation so there will be lots of time to knit. I've chosen a size 2T sweater using the pattern Abate by Alicia Plummer. You can follow my progress on Ravelry here. I ordered my yarn from The Loopy Ewe last month but wasn't allowed to start knitting until July 1. The deadline for finishing is July 31. I got a good start on it watching 1st Round of Wimbledon yesterday.
The yarn is Malabrigo Rios, colorway Denim. It is so soft and I'm loving picking up my knitting again.

 So there you have it -- my upcoming July in a nutshell!

And of course, here's a darling picture of our little Brody. He's almost one month already and growing in leaps and bounds!

3 comments:

  1. Your little man is gorgeous... and gOOd luck with the challenge...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little one. I am looking forward to pink although I am not sure how much pink fabric I have! Nice to have a knitting project to take away. xx

    ReplyDelete