Monday, July 1, 2019

Movin' It Forward!

Sarah & her kitty Penny left Friday afternoon. I'm going to miss them but two things kept it all in perspective for me. 1.) I'll be seeing Sarah again in a couple of weeks when we head out to visit the Washington, DC area to meet Brody; and 2.) I had quilt retreat Saturday & Sunday! Yay! I must say that although this picture looks like Polly & Penny got along, it was more along the lines of a healthy respect between the two.
I managed to work on several projects at retreat. Saturday was devoted to sewing the sashing on Simplify by Cluck, Cluck, Sew. All the blocks were sewn, including half blocks. Then I sewed all the rows together ...  well, mostly since I was short two sashing strips. To refresh your memory of Simplify, here's a picture of one of the blocks.
It's a very scrappy quilt with heavy Kansas Troubles influence. It will end up being queen-size so seriously too big to put the rows together at retreat.

Sunday I was going to work on a kit I bought from AQS but I hid it before Sarah's arrival and now it's somewhere, which I haven't a clue! Ugh! Hate when that happens!! So instead I put the finishing touches on my Tiny Tuesday blocks for June.
That was easy enough so next up was to start a new project. Yup! You heard that right! Because I don't have enough projects going and because I've been dying to start Gameboard by Country Threads. I even had my patriotic fabrics already starched and ready to cut up!
This is the center. I regret not having my Studio 180 Flying Geese ruler. Go ahead and look closely -- I ended up cutting off the points of my star. Would have never happened if I'd had my ruler. But I was at retreat and it was all systems GO! Not so much a Movin' It Forward project but that's what I did this weekend!

Linking up at Em's Scrapbag for Movin' It Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment