Saturday, July 27, 2019

Pink is Coming to an End

We are almost to the end of July which means we're closing in on the end of "PINK". Tuesday will be the last pink Tiny Tuesday block and Thursday we'll get a new color to work on. I'm actually surprised by how much fun I had working with pink. It's not really a color that I work with much. So let's move forward!

In my previous TT post I mentioned that I wasn't all that happy with my piggy block but I'd keep it. After seeing everyone else's blocks, I decided that my pig just had to go! The background fabric I used (which was very pretty) was much too much too busy and so I decided to remake it. I managed to find a bit of my main pig color fabric but I had to change the snout & ears fabric due to not enough left in the scrap bin for a repeat. So here they are, both the good and the bad.
1st Try = FAIL

2nd Try = Keeper
So that was the new & improved piggy from last week. Here's the Wonky Star from this week. I like it!

I also finished the Pink String-X block for this month.
Yesterday I allowed (haha!) my husband to accompany me on the St. Louis Summer's Last Blast Yarn Crawl. Kind of like a shop hop for quilters, only it's yarn shops for knitters/crocheters/weavers. So sad that once upon a time we had eight or more shops and this year there was only four! Of the four, one was a new shop and looks to be a very nice shop. Yup, bought more yarn so, not only will there be more quilting in my future, but there will also be more knitting for me!

A pretty picture from my flower garden this morning ...
and of course a picture of Big Boy Brody with his Daddy.
Good picture of my son
Better picture of Brody!

Have a great weekend!


Linking up with Angela for Scrappy Saturday

5 comments:

  1. I had the same thing happen with an earlier TT block - I picked the wrong background fabric. Maybe that's a hazard of these small blocks?! Anyway, I love your pigs - especially the swirly fabric! Pretty garden and adorable grandbaby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous header picture Susie. I like both your pigs - that pink floral fabric is just gorgeous and the pig does stand out. Nice pink work all round. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both your pigs. I’m not sure what I did wrong with mine. Gotta be the seam allowance. I really did not think I would enjoy the aTiny Tuesday Blocks, but they have made me step outside my box. Aren’t grand babies the best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know... I kind of like your "pig in the flower garden" block! :o))

    ReplyDelete