Friday, December 13, 2019

2019 Holiday Favorites Blog Hop & More

Have you been following along on the Holiday Favorites Blog Hop 2019 with Lori from Humble Quilts? We are well underway and the first five posts have been so inspiring. Lori kicked it off on Monday and today is Day #5. Check in daily as we share with you our holiday favorites and our quilty holiday decorations! (As you can see, I'll be Monday's child. Lol!)


Dec 10 KatyQuilts, katyquilts.net



Dec 13 - Kyle, kyleredente.blogspot.com

Dec 14  Kelly, pinkadotquilts.blogspot.com

Dec 15  Juliann, chasingstories.wordpress.com

Dec 16   Knitty Quilter, suehoover.blogspot.com

Dec 17  Lizzy,  gone2thebeach.blogspot.com



Dec 20-  Kevin, kevinthequilter.blogspot.com

For several years now I've participated with Temecula Quilts's holiday sew-a-long. This year's is Tiny Tree and here are my tiny blocks so far:
I've got these four done, two more cut & ready to sew, and three four behind ... until today's #11 comes out. These blocks measure 2-3/4" unfinished. When they're put together, they'll be 2-1/4". How do I keep getting involved with these teeny, tiny blocks??!!??

I've been using the black String-X segments for my leaders & enders. I'm making progress!
Believe it or not, I've actually got a finish to report. I started this cute little pillow a while ago but recently got it done. Sherri from A Quilting Life posted the free pattern on her blog. Didn't it turn out cute?
Front

Back
I usually fall short on the extra fluff on my handmade items because I don't have the confidence to sew anything more than the main part. However, I decided I'd try sewing on this tiny pompom trim. The pattern used lace and Sherri used larger pompom trim. Although it's not perfect, I think my tiny trim adds just the right amount of prettiness to an already pretty pillow!

There's secret sewing going on under my needle.
I still haven't started the Bonnie Hunter 2019 Mystery but I have been collecting the clues. I must be nuts to be even thinking about jumping on board! (And I may not!)

Have a terrific weekend and don't forget to follow along daily with the 2019 Holiday Favorites Blog Hop!
Leaving you with a picture of the glorious sunrise in Illinois this morning.


Linking up with Angela for Scrappy Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. How fun to hear that you are part of the blog hop! Love the tiny blocks - looking forward to seeing your tiny tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your proj look great. The pompom trim is a lovely finishing touch to your pillow. I've been toying with the idea of doing the Quiltville mystery sal, too. I saw on instagram that someone had doubled the size of each block, which halved the amount of piecing. I may do that. I did the first couple when they came out...at a slower pace lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great. The trim really finishes off your darling pillow. I've been toying with the idea of doing Bonnie Hunter's sal, too. A quilter on Instagram has doubled the size of the blocks and halved the amount of piecing. I may do that. I did a couple of the first ones... at a much slower pace! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the different tiny tree blocks everyone is making! I've been making them, too, and have a few to catch up on just like you because we've had company the last few days. Thanks for the links to the blog hop - I'll enjoy visiting for lots of holiday goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Christmas pillow and some really good progress on your other projects, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete