Monday, December 16, 2019

My Turn on the Blog Hop!

Today is Monday, December 16, and it is my turn on the 2019 Holiday Favorites Blog Hop. It's Day #8 which brings to mind "Maids a-Milking" and makes me laugh. If I was a maid, this maid would turn that milk into ice cream! Haha! Enough of that ... let's see some Christmas quilts and take a trip down Memory Lane! Isn't that a big part of Christmas, after all?

Hanging in our den, this quilt seems to explode Christmas although it is actually just a beautiful red & green quilt that I made in the early 2000s. The lap quilt on the back of the couch was  made using two Moda Turnover packages. Do you remember those? I don't think Moda makes them any longer.
This little snowman loves his tiny tree. It looks like the star he hung on the highest bough is a bit too
heavy!

My mother sits in the recliner with this "quilt-as-you-go" quilt behind her. Puts her in the holiday spirit!

Our Christmas tree is decked out with a quilted tree skirt. Pieced in the center, it has holly leaves & berries appliqued all around!

This is not a quilt but a "favorite" I'd like to share from the den also. It is the nativity that I place on the mantel every year. Way, way, way back in the late 1980s my next-door-neighbor & best friend Vickie and I made this plastic canvas needlepoint nativity together. She still teases me to this day about the camel --- I think I tried to cut it from the canvas at least three times and failed. I told her there would be no camel in my nativity so she cut this one out for me! That is truly a good friend!!! Lol! Christmas IS friends!
The detail on this is amazing and we searched all over to find the right yarns, threads, and beads to make the perfect nativity.

The next Hop stop is the bathroom. Everyone needs to use it so let's really dress it up for the Holiday!
My BFF Vickie made this for me one year for my birthday. I looked at the label and it is dated 1994!! This quilt is 25 years old! She'll be upset to see that I still haven't put the bows on her wreaths that I promised to do for her since she forgot them! Oh my! But she managed to get the bow on the black cat and a beaded collar on the striped one.

This is my "12 Days of Christmas" and it always gives me a chuckle. While making it during a QAL with Temecula Quilts I didn't catch on until about Day 6. Here's the skinny on it: Starting in the upper left, the first block has 1 piece to it. The next block has 2 pieces to it. The next block has 3 pieces to it. Are you getting the picture now? That last block does in fact have 12 pieces to it. Besides a good laugh, I just love that cardinal border fabric!

This corner piece also has a couple of nativities on it. The cross stitch one in the middle was given to me one year by my favorite cousin. Christmas IS family.

Our holiday wouldn't be complete without decorating the house. Here's Gracie assisting my husband Fred with the lights.

A little more progress .... Fred is hanging the bells on the porch light. He hates them but hangs them every year because I love them. Thank you, Honey! Christmas IS love!

Ta! Da!

Here are the links to the others on this fabulous Holiday Hop. Catch up if you missed the first seven days and keep on hopping until you get to Day 12!


Dec 10 KatyQuilts, katyquilts.net



Dec 13 - Kyle, kyleredente.blogspot.com

Dec 14  Kelly, pinkadotquilts.blogspot.com

Dec 15  Juliann, chasingstories.wordpress.com

Dec 16   Knitty Quilter, suehoover.blogspot.com

Dec 17  Lizzy,  gone2thebeach.blogspot.com



Dec 20-  Kevin, kevinthequilter.blogspot.com

Thank you, Lori, for putting this hop together and for asking me to join you and the others.

And thank YOU for making it through to the end of this post and allowing me to share some of my quilts and my Christmas with you. May you find friends, family, and love this season and throughout the upcoming year!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour. All the red and white in your quilts is so festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. It's so fun to see all of your Christmas quilts and decorations! I especially love the Nativity you made - it's really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That nativity was a lot of fun to make with so many good memories attached.

      Delete
  3. Lovely!! The canvas nativity is so darling!! Your house, inside and out is beautiful!! Thanks for being a part of the Holiday Favorites Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hostessing the Hop and, more importantly, thank you for asking me to join in!

      Delete
  4. All of your quilts make for a very festive Christmas display! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by. It's been so fun, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you're all set for merry and bright at your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nativity scene! Excellent tour - so happy to see that you are part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been fun hearing the stories that go along with so many of our decorations. I enjoyed the tour and the delightful stories you shared as well. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see how other quilters decorate their homes for Christmas! I am trying to finish a plastic canvas nativity now. I found this partially finished one at a church rummage sale for $5! All the animals and people were finished and very intricate. Most of the stable was finished and I want to finish it this week and leave it with my 2 grandsons (we're visiting our son right now) and leave on Thursday to go visit another son. I need to get busy on it - only 2 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely display... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas is not complete without a nativity center. I lover the one you have made. Your house looks lovely with the decorations and quilts, warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete