Saturday, December 21, 2019

Still Scrappy!

Amidst all the hustle & bustle of the Christmas season and celebrating the final days of 2019 while looking forward to what 2020 will bring, I've managed to stitch very little. Surprised? I'll bet not.

My Tiny Tree has grown. All 10 tree blocks are done and the 11th block (the trunk) has been cut out, ready to sew. Then decisions will need to be made. Here's a picture of my completed blocks.
They're not sewn together and they're not going to be necessarily in this order ... except the star block goes up on top. I was thinking about redoing that one, making the star yellow? Any thoughts? Maybe if/when I make another Tiny Tree quilt? It was fun and all scraps!

My morning walk on the bike trail with Gracie was very cold yesterday morning. Here's picture of the sun just coming up across the field and another of the frost on the bushes. Just looking at the pictures makes me shiver again!

The weather folks are predicting near 60 on Christmas Day. Sounds like time for a cook-out! Lol!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Angela on Scrappy Saturday! Plenty of fun stuff to look at over there!

13 comments:

  1. I LoVe your little Tree quilt... & I think the STaR is perfect.
    Merry Christmas...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryll. I left it as it was and it really is cute as is. Now to layer, quilt, and bind!

      Delete
  2. Oh! Your tiny tree is SEW cute!! Personally, I'd leave the star, as is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just leave the star alone. The top is done and it is so cute!!

      Delete
  3. I love your blocks!
    When I looked at my collection of blocks, I briefly thought... it only I had...
    and then just went ahead and sewed them together as is. Because it's a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just go ahead and stitch them up. The top is done, now to layer, quilt, and bind! I looked back on your blog because I didn't realize you were following along with Temecula too. I love their SALs especially the 12 Days of Christmas from a few years ago.

      Delete
  4. Cute little tree, some golden yellow would be nice or a red star.
    Here in the Netherlands much to warm for a white Christmas too....just a lot of rain....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to be in the mid-50s for Christmas, certainly not white! Thank you for stopping in!

      Delete
  5. Your little tree blocks look just great! Hasn't that been a fun project? It really is hard to squeeze in a lot of sewing this time of year, so any little progress feels good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I just looked back and see that, not only did you join in on Tiny Tree, but yours is finished! Very nice! I just finished sewing the top. Doubt it'll be quilted & bound before Christmas. Yes I've really loved sewing this project too.

      Delete
  6. it's so cute, maybe be done and do a yellow star for something else. Plus you can quilt it in heavier yellow thread so it READS as yellow! Right? I enjoy your writing style
    Lee Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to give some thought to how I'm going to quilt this Tiny Tree. For now I did everything as directed and it is cute as can be! Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete