Saturday, April 18, 2020

A Little Blue?

All the restrictions of this pandemic got you down? Then I suggest you go to your sewing studio/room/space, pull out your very prettiest fabrics, and bury your face in there. It's the only "mask" you need to wear at home for pure delight & distraction. That's what I've been doing lately and it works for me!

Today is Saturday and that means time for all the Super Scrappers to converge with this week's BLUE scrappy projects. Thanks to Angela at SoScrappy for hosting the linky party. Another distraction from the dreaded COVID-19!

So how did I amuse myself yesterday?
One Awesome Land block completed

Two Heartfires got 1-1/2 rounds sewn on

Two masks sewn for Sarah in preparation for
mandatory masks at grocery stores
Last night was Friday Night Sew In and I decided to pull out my Bloomtopia cross-stitch. I wanted some handwork but something not too fiddly. We went from this

 to this!
Thank you, Wendy at Sugarlane Designs, for the needed distraction and hosting this linky party. Isn't it just amazing how that little bit of an addition gave me an hour and a half of mind-cleansing nirvana while I watched a new episode of Magnum, PI and chatted with my hubby?

For those of you following DH"s ordeal, his Wednesday hospital release was cancelled and he had two procedures re-done Thursday & Friday. Now we wait and see once more how he's doing and if he'll finally come again. Today is Day #10 of his 2nd admittance. This is not a negative rap on his doctors or the hospital. It's just what it is and his doctor is wonderful! We both have 100% confidence in him.

My DIL sent me this sweet picture of my little Brody last night. He was watching with pure delight his dog "hunt" squirrels. No Corona Virus getting him down!
Look how tall he's getting!
And this was completed sometime during the week.
Block #14 - Afternoon Delight

And my Olga azalea began blooming ... along with all the weeds in front of poor Buddha. Gracie & I will have to take care of that. Maybe sometime this week!?!

I hope this post has inspired you to put on your "mask" (the one I spoke of at the top of this post) and put the pandemic in perspective for you. Smile and have a fabulous weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I have only made one mask thus far, but after a long talk with my SIL who has the title "the virus queen" in the test lab where she works, I will be making more. I even ordered special fabric to make her a few of her old college. Shhh. It will be a surprise. The rest will be made with scraps that I have a plenty. LOVE the blue blocks. The fussy cut centers are great! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hexagon blocks; they will be wonderful with more in all the rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize your hubby was still in the hospital - here's hoping the recent procedures will do the trick! Glad you were able to bury yourself in some sewing to distract a bit from it all. Your cross-stitch is lovely, and so is the azalea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Scrappers unite!! :o))
    LOVE your Light BLUE Awesomeland block and that sweet picture of Brody! Best of luck with DH's latest surgeries. Hoping he's homeward bound... SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do hope that your husband can come home to you soon and that his recovery is swift - what a hard time for you all. Gorgeous handwork, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your sewing sanctuary mask! It looks like it gives some good results. You sure work on quite a variety of projects. Hope hubby gets some good results too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your Awesome Land block is, well, awesome! That looks like a very nice mask too. I’m so sorry to hear that your DH is still in the hospital. I’ve been keeping my hubby apprised, and he said “oh, jeez....” . We hope the procedures do their magic this time and that you two are reunited ASAP! Please keep us posted? Sending hugs and healing wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good progress on your Awesome Land. I decided to use my orange scraps and scrappy blacks/grays. In hindsight, I like your plan to use the same black print much better. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear that your hubby isn't quite home - but maybe by now he is? It seems like he is in the best place to be just at the moment. You are making good progress on your blocks, and the cross stitch is lovely - a good night's work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bury my face in pretty fabric - this is the best advice I have received to battle the Covid blues. Brody is a darling. Love the Awesome Land Block.
    Sending best wishes for your husband's speedy recovery and your continued safety.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't we lucky to have our stitching during this difficult time
    Best wishes to your Hubby Hopefully he is home and doing ok by now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blocks and a fun stitching project. It is nice to be able to go to the sewing room, turn on Netflix and just stitch. Hope Your Guy continues to do well and is already back home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your GS is gorgeous watching the goings-on outside... & your azalea looks beautiful bathed in sunshine...
    Hope hubby finds his way home & continues the road back to good health. Stay safe...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete