Saturday, April 25, 2020

Winding up the Blues .... Almost

This morning was once again rainy. Gracie doesn't mind at all. Here she is just schplopping through puddles and wet grass, more than likely looking for squirrels & bunnies! Notice her wet coat. UGH!


When I got home, I made a note to climb out the 2nd floor window and clear the gutters. Look at the rain pouring over the top BUT did you also notice the first clematis trying to bloom?
So wet, rainy, and overflowing gutter. Enough of these blues. Let's see my blue blocks for April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, OK?
Top picture shows 3 fully completed Awesome Land blocks. There is still another one under my needle since I was using these blocks as Leaders & Enders for the Heartfire blocks. I will still need five more after that. Bottom picture is all the completed Awesome Land blocks so far.
 
Again, top picture shows the completed-this-month blocks. Heartfire blocks are not difficult but they take a bit of time. I'm really happy that I can sew Awesome Land blocks in between. Here I'm showing you 5 completed blocks plus one almost done. There's another one just about done sitting by my machine so that will be my seven for the month! Yippee! Next picture shows all the hexies completed this year so far. Very short on the orange ones, what can I say? I'm linking up with Angela at So Scrappy to share my blue blocks and check in on my friends' blue projects.

On the Corona front: My neighbor & I have been so excited because we have seen SO MANY bluebirds in our backyards! She actually put up a nesting box and look what happened! Eggs! We're going to have MORE bluebirds in our future!
How's the toilet paper supply in your neck of the woods? This is the most TP I've seen since quarantine. Pathetic! I call it "Hotel TP" since each roll is individually wrapped with no information at all, like brand, 1- or 2-ply, soft, scratchy, whatever! If you're interested there's a 4 roll limit!
On a positive note, the masks I made for my daughter arrived. She was afraid that VA would make masks mandatory at grocery stores so a special delivery was necessary. Doesn't her hair look great? So touchable and full. Good job, Sare!
Yesterday on Gracie's walk, we went up and over the bridge to check on the road construction. It's the short cut to our local shopping through the farm fields. This road has been closed for almost two years and it's still a work in progress. I snapped this picture because I thought the farmstead and freshly tilled land looked so pretty!
That sums up my week. Now go wash your hands!

8 comments:

  1. Bright BLUE blocks and Light BLUE eggs... AWESOME, Susie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Awesome Land blocks look great together, and the Heartfire blocks, too! Wouldn't it be fun to have some baby birds to watch? I would love that! The toilet paper thing continues to be mind-boggling. You'd think at some point the supply would catch up to the demand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks. I thought your toilet paper problems would be over by now. When the news came out that the Americans were hoarding toilet paper, a run began here in the Netherlands. Empty shelves in the stores. Now people realize that even in lockdown we have plenty of everything and went back to normal.
    Hope it does for you too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those hexagons! They'll make a great quilt. I love the RSCs every year. They're good motivation for cleaning out the stash, one color at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blue blocks Susie and look at all those eggs! Plenty of TP here and has been apart from the first week or so of lockdown. Perfect mask. xx

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that the retailers finally got smart and started changing the supply chain so that they can get supply from the places that sell to businesses, schools, restaurants, etc. It was pathetic when they were spilling milk and turning under produce instead of selling it a different way. Hope they have stopped that. I haven't seen any TP in our stores but I have enough so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your "blue" blocks together...well done.
    And you're so lucky to have more birds "growing" in your area...
    Stay safe...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Awesome Land blocks. They look very gem-like with the beautiful brights against the blacks.

    ReplyDelete