Saturday, April 11, 2020

FNwF & RSC and a Renal Urinoma? What?

So wonderful to be able to connect with my virtual friends two weeks in a row. Cheryll has graciously hosted Friday Night with Friends on the first Friday of April and added in the second Friday as well. Here's the link to check in on what my world-wide friends have achieved.

I'm also linking up with Angela at So Scrappy.  Rainbow Scrap Challenge's color of the month is light & bright blue. We are all trying to use up our scraps and yet there is always plenty to sew with. Just how exactly is that possible??? Hahaha! Anyway you will be amazed at some of these projects as well. Unfortunately I have no scrappyiness of blue to share this week. But please feel free to see what the others have been up to!

So what have I been sewing? This week I completed a couple of Afternoon Delight blocks. I've stayed busy with the applique blocks and a few more modified shoo-fly blocks.
Three more Shoo-Fly blocks. Only two more of these to go!

Block #12

Block #13
Sometime last week I also managed to finish the last block of String-X. This was my project from RSC 2019. I wanted my quilt larger than the pattern given so I had to do a couple extra blocks. After October's Brown block, I added a mostly black block and this week I completed the mostly white block. Now I have 12 and can put this thing together!

Last night during Friday Night with Friends, I started Block #14. No picture yet. I also finished up a pair of socks. The pattern is Margaritaville and can be found on Ravelry here and is a freebie from Adrienne Fong. One sock is currently blocking and the other will be later this weekend. The picture shows the pair unblocked at this point.

Pretty wild, huh? They're nice and fluffy and will be perfect with jeans next winter ... or maybe next week as we're going to be on the low side of Spring with highs in the 40s, lows flirting with freezing!

A quick(?) update on my dear husband. He had his follow-up appointment Monday and told the doctor he was in a lot of pain and felt bloated still. There was also an elusive fever every so often but it was low-grade and I complained about how breathless he seemed. The doctor took bloodwork and Xrays and called the next day saying the bloodwork seemed fine and the Xrays showed his lung was still partially collapsed but was still an improvement from when he was discharged. It should still be OK. However it bothered the doc that he was still in so much pain and so he ordered a CT scan for Thursday to see if it showed anything to warrant such discomfort.

Thursday we reported for the CT, which was done, but at the conclusion we were told to go immediately up to see the doctor. Turns out he's got a HUGE urinoma! So large that it was pushing his liver up into his lung. My next stop was the hospital for re-admittance! Yesterday they drained the renal urinoma and he has a drain in place which may be there 6-7 weeks. There was signs of infection but was it the cause of the urinoma or a result? I do not know but will definitely be asking when speaking next with the doctor. When I spoke with DH last night, he sounded better but is extremely tired. After all, he hasn't slept a good night's sleep in three weeks now. Anyway, we're hoping to have him home Monday.

And that my friends sums up my week. Trip to the doctor (40 minutes one way) on Monday, trip to the doctor on Thursday followed by a stop at the hospital, and a trip back to the hospital yesterday to drop off toiletries at the front door because no visitors are allowed.

If you're still with me, here's a picture of my little Brody. I love the angle of this picture. He looks like Baby Sasquatch. Just look at those feet!
Have a good weekend and Happy Easter!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the bits of Light/Bright BLUE throughout your work this week (and that darling photo of Baby Sasquatch!) Hoping your DH will soon find some relief from his pain of the last several weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! That's a lot to deal with. Please remember to take care of yourself, too.❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear what your husband (and you, too!) have been going through! Hope there is relief and healing soon. In spite of all that, you did a lot of sewing this week. Loved seeing all your projects! The String X block is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching your blocks evolve each post...gorgeous fabrics.
    Hope hubby is on the mend and take care of YoU too.
    Thanks for joining in FNwF again too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me, such a lot going on with you - do hope hubby is a lot more comfortable now they know exactly what the problem is. Quite a worry for you, and it must be so upsetting that you cannot visit him in hospital. Seems to be the new way now with this dreaded virus rushing around the world. Do take care, and best wishes for his speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do hope that your husband can now be on the mend. All that tooing and froing must be worrying at this time. Lovely blocks and your socks look really nice and snuggly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are looking great. I wonder how you found time to sew, withall the appointments and tooing and froing. Hope your husband is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks :-)
    I don't really envy you all that hospital business right now, hope all will be right in the end.
    Best wishes,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your husband has a quick recovery and is home from hospital today. It is a worrying time to be in hospital and even going back and forth. Your blocks are all beautiful and that is a gorgeous photo of your little Sasquatch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your afternoon delight blocks are lovely and love those socks Cute baby
    So pleased they have found the cause of your Hubbys pain and he continues to feel well Lucky you persisted Take care and you stay well and strong xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your blocks are just lovely.... and I can see beautiful quilts in the making withthem... I do love a handmade pair of socks too... I have some on the go. Here's hoping your husband feels a great deal better now.... and continues to a full recovery
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, you and DH have been through a lot. My heart goes out to you both, along with wishes for a speedy recovery. It’s good that the CT scan revealed the source of the fever and infection, and I know how hard it is for you to remain home while entrusting his care to others. But this too shall pass, with your hubby healthier and happier for it. ((Hugs)). I live your String X block(s) and look forward to seeing them become a flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a lot of eye candy...beautiful applique, socks (I have yet to try to make them) and an especially yummy String X (I have also not tried String X but do have it on my wanna do list).

    I had never heard of urinoma so had to go research. Best wishes and good thoughts for your husband. I can't imagine how tough it must be for you unable to visit. I read all the way to the end and that little Sasquatch is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete