Saturday, April 4, 2020

FNwF and RSC Light & Bright Blue #1

I must say I had a very nice evening last night stitching with my virtual friends. There were 17 (!) of us at Friday Night with Friends! You should visit and see the really cool stuff going on with us thanks to Cheryll getting us all together. So  now you're probably wondering what I did. I worked on Afternoon Delight applique blocks.
Finished Block 11

Started Block 12. Bottom set of stems/leaves finished
and top stems/leaves and all flowers are ready for stitching
Not a lot of progress made on RSC. On Wednesday Angela selected light & bright blue for April's color. Thursday evening found me digging through my Blue Bin and cutting fabric to get ready.
Nice selection of bright & light blue strips
cut 1-1/4" wide for Heartfire blocks

Blue squares and rectangles cut for Awesome Land blocks.
Black & white squares ready for 16-at-a-time HSTs!
So no sewing for RSC yet but I'm armed & dangerous! Lol! I'm willing to bet that there were others busy with their light blue scraps. Linking up shortly with Angela at So Scrappy to see how productive the others were.

OK, what else has kept my attention? Hospital Sketches is under the needle for quilting!!!

Until next time, have a great & safe weekend. Now go wash your hands and face!

16 comments:

  1. Good for you getting a nice start on RSC for April
    Your appliqued blocks are just delightful;))
    ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you are doing a great job of keeping busy. Your applique blocks look lovely and have fun with the quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Afternoon Delight block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your RSC prep work done for Light/Bright BLUE sewing in the days to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Afternoon Delight blocks are so pretty! And congratulations on quilting your Hospital Sketches quilt - it's moving right along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful applique blocks and have fun with your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks 11,12...so the quilt will be gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in FNwF...see you next week...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hospital Sketches is gorgeous! Love all the bright happy color!
    And I'm drooling over your applique blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be nice to see Hospital Sketches finished. And remember, you were going to do maybe 10 Awesome Land blocks this month since you could only do 8 last month!?! You haven’t said how your husband is doing since last week. Inquiring minds (with hubby in same situation) want to know! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the print fabrics in Hospital Sketches. I forgot all about Friday Night with Friends! I haven't done that in such a long time. I'll have to watch for that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work with your applique and enjoy your quilting. I pulled out a few blues this afternoon for my RSC Dresden block - more than enough for me! Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely blocks happening at your place as well as plenty of prep for projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Hospital Sketches quilt is gorgeous, looking forward to the finish post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some gorgeous applique projects you are working on..... happy sewing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Hospital Sketches quilt is gorgeous and so is the applique one. i just did wash my hands! thanks...lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my place. Love your applique blocks...beautiful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete