Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Mid-April PHD Report

I am plugging along as best as possible considering the circumstances. Spending a lot of time lately sending texts & emails and making phone calls to keep family and friends up-to-date on DH. He's had 2 procedures this week that should finally take care of things and we're looking at him being discharged later this afternoon. How do I feel about that? Nervous as he'll be coming with a couple of tubes sticking out of him. I hope the directions for his after-stay care are well written since I can't go in the hospital to get the lowdown from the nurse/doctor and ask questions. So moving right along ....


Three Afternoon Delight blocks finished.
This one is close to done. Only 2 more leaves and 9 berries. The berries are prepped and ready to go. They're small (about dime-sized) so should go on in a jiffy!

My daughter sent me wine & hard cider from her favorite winery to get me through this kidney ordeal with her father. Polly loves looking down on mere humans so immediately took to her throne in the sky. She was was also smitten by Warren, the winery's cat model. Ha!

So how am I doing in April with my Projects Half Done? Here's my April list with progress noted.
  • 9 Awesome Land blocks in the RSC April color. - Nada! Well I did start one and have pieces cut and ready to sew. I think about 5 blocks or so primed at the pump!
  • Baste, quilt, bind, and label Hospital Sketches. In other words, get it to the finish line! - A work in progress, which I might add I've done pretty good. Needs to be finished by the 28th for UFO Club. I CAN DO IT!
  • 7 Heartfire blocks in the RSC April color. - Nada! Well, I did start two blocks and have strips all ready to sew for several. That counts, right?
  • Finish the 2 applique Afternoon Delight blocks and maybe start the next 4. - I actually did finish the 2 applique blocks from March and I've even finished the 1st for April and am just about through with the 2nd. Woot! Woot!
  • Piece 4 Modified Shoo-Fly blocks for Afternoon Delight. - Got three out of four done. Checked to see how many I need for the quilt and turns out I've got 8 of 9. Wish I had realized that ... I would've done that last one at the same time. Doh!

So that's how things stand here. What are my goals for the end of the month? Probably not too difficult to figure out.
  • Get busy on the 9 Awesome Land RSC blocks
  • Get Hospital Sketches to the finish line
  • Start getting a few more of the Heartfire blocks done. I need to have 7 done for the size quilt I'm going after
  • Finish the next two applique Afternoon Delight blocks
  • Finish the final Modified Shoo-Fly block
Catch you on the first of May. Let's see how I do!

I'm joining the Linky Party with Quilting Gail and the others for the PHD Mid-Month Party!

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are just gorgeous...& coming along nicely.
    Hope all goes well with hubby & his recovery...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Your Guy is home and recovering well. You've made progress on a lot of different fronts, even if you haven't gotten any completely done. Good luck with your plans for April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can navigate the nursing care that's needed right now. I sure know how that can be! Your appliqued blocks are so pretty! And what a lovely daughter to get you all stocked up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete