Tuesday, March 31, 2020

End of Month PHD Report

Here we are at the end of March, beginning of April. It is time to see how I'm doing with my PHD (Projects Half Done). Here's what I had planned to get done and actually DID get done:

What do I hope to accomplish by the end of the month?
  • 6 more Heartfire blocks - Managed to get all the Teal blocks done for March and made a stab at getting some orange ones done for January

  • Complete three Afternoon Delight applique blocks - One done, one half done. This means I only got 2.5 blocks done of the 4 for this month. I also managed to piece a bunch of patches in order to get ready for a few Modified Shoo-fly blocks.
  • Piece five more  Awesome Land blocks - Got 4 more done for a total of 8, but ran out of teal fabric for the final 9th block.
  • Get at least two, hopefully four, applique borders for Hospital Sketches - Not only did I get all four sides of the applique borders finished, but I've also got the backing fabric picked out and ready to iron!

Overall not too bad. I'm thrilled with the progress on Hospital Sketches and Heartfire but I'll need to be playing catch-up with the others. Let's not forgot that I did have a finish this month too. This cute little Easter Wall Hanging.
What will I focus on in April? Surely I'll make a dent in this list!
  • 9 Awesome Land blocks in the RSC April color.
  • Baste, quilt, bind, and label Hospital Sketches. In other words, get it to the finish line!
  • 7 Heartfire blocks in the RSC April color.
  • Finish the 2 applique Afternoon Delight blocks and maybe start the next 4.
  • Piece 4 Modified Shoo-Fly blocks for Afternoon Delight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a bit of a somber note, my son & DIL had to say good-bye to their trusty bull terrier Rocky. He was suffering more & more each week from an auto-immune disease and they couldn't bear to see him ail any longer. Here's the most recent picture we have of beloved Rocky with my mother from our last trip to Maryland in October. R.I.P. dear Rocky.
Let's cheer things up, OK? How about a sweet picture of our Brody-Boy! Look how much fun he's having driving his car! Lol!
He's such a big boy and we can't wait to see him. Just as soon as the COVID-19 quarantine lifts and Grandpa Fred is right again. This kidney cancer surgery has really knocked him for a loop!

See you mid-April for the next PHD report. I'm linking up with Quilting Gail to share my accomplishments and see what the others have been up to this late March!

2 comments: