Saturday, March 28, 2020

Final Teal/Aqua/Turquoise RSC Report

Wednesday is April 1 and on that day or before, Angela will announce the new color for Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I just love working with a specified color all month but I will admit I'm ready for the new one. Here's what I managed to get done in March. First up are the Heartfire blocks. You can order the pattern from Lynn Wilder of Sew'n Wild Oaks HERE if you would like to make this pattern too. She has such very clear instructions that even I am having no troubles! Lol! Here are my blocks for this month.
Just so you know, that row of green on the bottom right hexie is actually a teal with yellow polka dots. Photographed green! So I thought I'd see how these look with the first ones I made, which were from the RSC Green Month in February. I only made two because I was checking to see how easy (or not) these blocks would be to make.
Playing nicely together! I forgot to mention that the partial block up in the top left corner was also an experiment. The edge blocks will end up getting chopped in half anyway and, since I need 63 center motifs to make this quilt as large as I want and I only have 60 full-sized motifs, I thought I'd play with 1/2 blocks. You know -- those extra motifs along the edges of the fabric. My first one was a failure.
I was thinking that since there are six sides to the hexie, all I would need would be three sides. Hmmmm..... not quite there. So I made experiment #2.
Ta! Da! Success!! That ought to work just fine! I believe I'm three full motifs short so there will be three of these halvsies! I'm OK with that!! Things are moving along perfectly with these so I thought I'd play a little catch-up with orange blocks from January RSC. I will make seven full-sized ones of these because I love orange and have plenty of orange fabric to use. Here's my start.
Alright, on to my Awesome Land blocks. Just when I thought I was finished, I realized I was one short. I thought I had my 9 for this month but I counted (and recounted twice!) and still only 8.
Aren't they pretty? Well, only 8 would never do so off I went to see if I could find a 2-1/2" x 12" piece of teal in the stash. Hmmmm .... nope! Eight will have to do for this month and I'll do 10 next month. That is, if I can find enough of whatever RSC April color will be!
The "children" approved! Lol! Next I wondered what all the Awesome Land blocks would look like together.
I'm very much liking this so far and will be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy later today! So much to see at all the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge blogs!

Hubby is still not doing as well as we expected at this point. It's been a week since his surgery and he continues to spike a fever periodically (we're to report to ER if it tops 101.3, which it hasn't quite yet) and he still has quite a bit of pain. Last night we managed to get him out of his recliner at bedtime and upstairs to a bed. I hope he slept better because that may make all the difference. Maybe then he'll be able to enjoy the Get Well package our daughter sent. I got a box of Bridge Mix and hubby got a box of chocolate-covered Nutter Butters! If you want to send candy to someone or to yourself, Wockenfuss Candies out of Baltimore, Maryland is a fabulous source. The variety and quality are amazingly delicious!

Signing off. Have a fantastic weekend and go wash your hands!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Fred's not doing well. Hopefully, he feels better after a good night's sleep. No one wants to be in an ER right now. Love your teals. The teal & yellow fabric segways beautifully in to the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope your hubby is feeling better today!! That has to be quite worrisome with all that is going on in this world. On the plus side, your colorful Awesome Land blocks look amazing in TEAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your hubby feels a little better each day. The fever doesn't sound like any fun at all. Your blocks are looking great! I like both sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope hubby is feeling better today after getting some rest (I hope). Spiking fevers is never good and going to the ER right now .... I hope he is on the mend so he can enjoy those goodies. Your land blocks are just lovely all together.... I believe those teal ones have been claimed by someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your "teal" looks wonderful. I think your block choice for both projects will make gorgeous quilts. Take care...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look so pretty altogether. I am also looking forward to another colour announcement. Sending healing wishes to hubby. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blocks, I love your fabrics! These hexy centers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that your husband is not doing so well - I hope he picks up soon. Your hexies are lovely and your Landblocks look great all together. xx

    ReplyDelete