Saturday, March 21, 2020

FNSI and RSC Report & Hubby's Surgery

RSC is going rather well. I'd say teal seems to agree with me!
This Awesome Land block came out from under the needle last week and I particularly like the way the b&w packground plays with everything in this block. Another block was also completed as a leader & ender but I failed to get a picture.

I also finished another three teal Heartfire blocks but apparently didn't get around to snapping a picture of them either. That brings my total teal Heartfire blocks to six. Only three more to go for my 9-block-goal! I promise more pictures for next week's So Scrappy link. In the meantime, visit Angela and see some really amazing teal/turquoise creations here!

I'm trying very hard to concentrate on Hospital Sketches. I really want this one finished before April 28th which is the next meeting for UFO Club at my LQS. Of course, we may have to meet virtually if COVID is still lurking. Anyway I got the bias made and glued down the entwining vines.
I made a start on the applique of the vines at home Thursday but I really got a lot done yesterday at the hospital while waiting on hubby's surgery. I'm linking up with Wendy at Sugatlane Designs for Friday Night Sew-In yesterday! A lot of these girls are from Australia so, even though I was sewing all day yesterDAY, I was actually sewing with them Friday NIGHT down under! Be sure to stop by and see their amazing creations ... usually lots of handwork ad tons of inspiration!

As far as Hospital Sketches goes, I'm thinking some appliqued motifs in the corners and I'm not too sure about the three links per side ... maybe leave as is and quilt a motif in them? Maybe an applique dot? Heart? Suggestions welcomed. Wish I'd taken a better picture ...

My husband had surgery yesterday to remove a mass from his right kidney. It went the full (and perhaps a tad longer) than the estimated 3-5 hours. There were a couple hurdles for the doctors to overcome but when I left late last night, DH was in his room waiting for Xray results and waiting for more pain medicine. While the surgery was performed with robotics, apparently this isn't an easy surgery. I hope he was able to get some rest last night. He's going to need it because the plan when I left last night was to have him up & walking this morning. Oh boy!


13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Best wishes to you & Fred. The teal/ black & white do look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sending along prayers for a good recovery and for you, too. Tough times...
    I love your teal block--very pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is going well for your hubby this morning. We are facing surgery for my husband coming up, too. It's no fun to be worrying about that kind of thing with all the virus anxiety going on! Good idea to have waiting room stitching to do! Love your teal block for RSC and your Hospital Sketches project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely TEAL block for the RSC and best of luck for a speedy recovery for your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for hubby's speedy recovery, this must be a worrying time for you both. I do like your RSC block, and your applique project looks so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for a speedy recovery, Glad that they were able to successfully complete the surgery. Hopefully he will be home resting before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for your husband - that is a long surgery so I hope by now he is comfortable and getting around OK.
    Love the Hospital Sketches & the block for your RSC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending healing prayers to you both. Your vines are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty teal block. Healing wishes to your hubby and take care yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that teal block. And I positively swoon over the appliqué. I hope to one day be brave enough to tackle an appliqué project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Hospital Sketches quilt! I had hoped to make one, but alas, the squirrels grabbed me. I'm sending my prayers also for your husband's healing, bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely teal block and Hospital Sketches is lookingso good. Do hope that your husband is looking as good and that all went well for him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending best wishes for your husband's speedy recovery. You stay safe and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete