Saturday, March 14, 2020

RSC & PHD

Check out that title. It sounds like someone doesn't know her alphabet. I better not sing that to my sweet Brody! Lol!
Look who has teeth!
RSC  March color is teal, just like Brody's shirt! I managed one pretty Awesome Land block. There's another one under my needle but it's not out & pressed yet.
Last night I managed to sew three Heartfire blocks. I don't think they look too bad!
I'm trying to vary the lights, mediums, & darks so the rings aren't always in the same order. I'll need to work on that for the next grouping. You can see that I have plenty of strips left to play with in the upper right-hand corner.

I'll be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy. There's a lot of Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters willing to share what they're working on in teal this month. Go check it out!

As for my PHD, I have a finish to report. Yay! First of the year! Just in time for Easter which will be here in a short while. Quilted, bound, and labeled!
Already hanging
A close-up

Complete with label!
One Project Half Done has made it to the finish line. (Patting myself on the back!) I'll be linking up tomorrow with Quilting Gail to report my PHD progress. What do I hope to accomplish by the end of the month?
  • 6 more Heartfire blocks
  • Complete three Afternoon Delight applique blocks
  • Piece five more  Awesome Land blocks
  • Get at least two, hopefully four, applique borders for Hospital Sketches.
I think that will be enough. I may have bit off more than I could chew last report. Here's how that went:


My To Do List for mid-March PHD Report:
  1. Pin-baste A Very Merry Christmas SAL - Didn't happen
  2. Quilt & bind the Little Easter Wallhanging - Yay! 100% finished!!
  3. Applique two Afternoon Delight blocks, finish the first four pieced Modified Shoo-fly blocks - One Afternoon Delight block appliqued. Finished the 4 Shoo-Fly blocks
  4. Piece together Hospital Sketches completed blocks and design/prep applique borders - Blocks are pieced together with sashing and a whole lot of bias stems were prepped
  5. Work on RSC teal blocks plus see about catching up Awesome Land blocks - 2 Teal Awesome Land blocks pieced and 3 Heartfire blocks pieced

Not bad progress but could use a little improvement! Lol!

On other fronts around my world, this was sunrise off my deck yesterday morning. So pretty!
Later that morning, by about a half hour, Gracie & I enjoyed this scenery. I repeat - So pretty!
And, if you made it this far, you won't be surprised to learn that besides still trying to keep up with Afternoon Delight on The Quilt Show ...
Twice a month they release the next bit to cross stitch. These are February's releases. I only need to complete March 1 release because tomorrow comes the March 15 release. This wraps up in July and is FREE. However, Kimberly at FQS requests a donation to her charity of choice for this year which happens to be Make A Wish. She matches whatever her crafters donate. If you don't like cross-stitch, you can jump on board her quilt project of the same name.

Today we'll be eating Corned Beef & Cabbage with potatoes and carrots in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. I plan on making Irish Soda Bread too! And, because today is 3/14, I hope to make a Strawberry Pie. Happy Pi Day!

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome toothy TEAL photo!! Your RSC blocks are coming along nicely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects will keep you busy...and your "teal" blocks are wonderful...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter mini quilt is so adorable, Susie! I love your teal projects, too - especially those Heartfire blocks. Great job fussy cutting for the centers! You have lots of fun things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! Your teal blocks look great. I love the centre’s if the heck blocks. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to finally finish a UFO. Good luck with your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like your heartfire blocks!!! Those are really unique! and the little one - so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Heartfire blocks. I have lots of cross stitch on my walls but haven't done any for years and years. I can't see very well anymore. I'll just have to use all my threads on other embroidery. Oh, and congrats on finishing your PhD! Good luck on others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots to look at here Susie. Your Teal blocks are coming along nicely but I do love that Easter hanging! Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great piecing and colors in your projects.
    And Brody does look sweet, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great projects! Love your Easter mini quilt. Your teal blocks are also very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work that you to. It is comforting to create beautiful things in this frightening time. I also really liker your embroidery.
    I finished knitting my sweater and hat... with my own pattern.
    Now i have set up my sewing machine.
    Enjoy your sewing and embroidery. Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete