Sunday, March 1, 2020

PHD Report for February

Believe it or not, I've made progress but nothing to show for it to speak of ... so far. So many projects underway. It seems I've bitten off A LOT and finding it hard to chew! Lol! I'm sure no quilter has ever felt this way before! 😉 

So what has caused this predicament? I'm blaming it on the The Quilt Show BOM called Afternoon Delight. I am managing to stay pretty caught up with it but with 2 pieced blocks and 4 appliqued blocks per month so far? Whew! Here are my appliqued blocks for February.
The pieced blocks are still in pieces. I should have time to put them together this week. Also this week I should be able to finish this sweet little wool pincushion/pillow. I got the kit in November for ordering the minimum amount during Primitive Gatherings Christmas sale. I never seem to have trouble making that mark! Haha! All that needs to be done is stitch it, fill it, and finish it off. Surely that's doable, right?
I did manage to get the A Very Merry Christmas SAL pieced this past week. It was all set for show 'n' tell at my LQS (O'Sewpersonal). I hope to get it quilted soon so it'll be ready for next Christmas. The project was offered through Quiltmania and, since the designer (Suz'n Quilts) lives locally to me, she turned it into a free-standing pattern and made it a sew-a-long. It turned out good-sized -- 46"x43".
My To Do List for mid-March PHD Report:

  1. Pin-baste A Very Merry Christmas SAL
  2. Quilt & bind the Little Easter Wallhanging
  3. Applique two Afternoon Delight blocks, finish the first four pieced Modified Shoo-fly blocks
  4. Piece together Hospital Sketches completed blocks and design/prep applique borders
  5. Work on RSC teal blocks plus see about catching up Awesome Land blocks
Hopefully by making this list, I'll feel a bit more accountable. Told you I have a lot on my plate. Nom! Nom! Nom!

I'll be joining Quilting Gail for the linky party and seeing the progress of my fellow PHD-ers!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my,you have some really lovely projects going! Congrats on moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really lovely! You seem to get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I get a kick out of Marcy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your PHD projects, you have been really busy. I love them all! Afternoon Delight is delightful - did you get a kit or are you using your own fabrics? We ran A Very Merry Christmas through my lqs a few year ago - I never did it - but was delighted to see the pattern turn up later in Quiltmania - yaay, another on my list, yours is lovely. Good luck with your looking forward list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 19 KG lighter than us.

    (Just so you know, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they are eating.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "what"...

    Tap this link to determine if this brief test can help you find out your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete