Saturday, May 9, 2020

FNwF #2 AND RSC

Last night was Friday Night with Friends #2 and, unlike last week's FNwF #1, I remembered and wasn't too tired to get a few things accomplished. In all actuality, I sewed during the afternoon which means I was sewing with my friends in Australia and Europe!

I worked some more on my Hope quilt. All 24 A blocks and 24 B blocks are sewn and squared up. I'll need to lay them all out and decide what setting I want to end up with. GE Designs gives you five choices but Gudrun also tells you that's just a start. If you play with them, you'll come up with more.
As my leaders and enders, I was busy making more Awesome Land blocks. May's color is dark green. As you can see I also was still finishing up last month's color of light/bright blue.

I also finished up block 14 of Afternoon Delight but apparently didn't take a picture .... yet. So I'll leave you with a couple of "bonus" pics:
My neighbor has bluebird eggs hatching
I have baby robins in a nest under my deck


Fred is getting stronger little by little
Brody has smiles for everyone!
I'm linking up with two gracious hosts this week: Cheryll from Gone Stitchin' for FNwF #2 and Angela from So Scrappy for Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Have a great week. Now go wash your doorknobs!

15 comments:

  1. Your Awesome Land blocks are pretty. They will make a fun quilt. Glad everybody is doing well in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW much productivity!! Your Hope quilt is going to be lovely. That Awesome Land in a rainbow of colors will be, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good week! I'm looking forward to seeing how you put those Hope blocks together. So glad your hubby is getting stronger, and your sweet grandboy is making everyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Land looks like a great block for scraps. What size are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are great, love the green fern fabric. Good to hear hubby is getting better, you have such a cute grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blocks are great. And you're so lucky to be able to watch baby birds grow up. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy. Glad you're hubby is better and your grandie is such a cutie pie. That smile will brighten up any crowd. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blocks! And it's wonderful to see the baby bluebirds and robins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks you've made … What fun to watch the birds hatch.
    Great that the young fella is so happy and that your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those robins are so sweet, great pictures :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that green fern fabric. Lovely to have little ones around - we have Great Tits feeding babies in a box just outside my window. No chance of seeing them though. Miserable weather here today but Mum and Dad are still busy feeding. Good to hear that Fred is making progress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy. I have that exact same green fern fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. +Gorgeous smile from Brody.... I have a grandson who smiles almost all the time too. Lovely sewing - glad you remembered / got stuff done.
    The birds are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are making progress on your Blocks .Looking good
    Nice to see Fred is getting stronger and what a cute smile from the little Bloke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing some great photo's...
    and of course for joining in FNwF again...xox

    ReplyDelete