Saturday, May 23, 2020

Just a Few More

I've got just a couple more Dark Green Awesome Land blocks to show you today. I am certainly loving using them as leaders & enders for whatever else it is that I'm sewing! Dark greens was the color Angela selected for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge's color for May.
At my side, ever ready lay these parts. The large white squares have been sewn corner-to-corner both ways and will make 8 HSTs at one time. Love this method!
So you may be wondering what have they been leaders & enders for? I finished the Hope quilt top with a small border. Then I pieced the back. I found this really fun fabric stashed away by Deb Strain from Moda. It says "Hive Rules Bee Kind", "Beelieve in Yourself", "Bee Respectful" ..... you get the idea and can probably read for yourself. Lol!
The problem was, I didn't have quite enough so I pieced in some remnants of the Hope fabrics that I used and sewed it down the middle for the back. That ought to do it! Hopefully my measurements were correct since I screwed up the border that was going to be borders. I even graphed it out and still managed to mess up. But that's OK, it's plenty big as is.
The main priority lately has been Kyoto. This needs to be finished, which includes quilted, by June 23rd, I believe. I thought all I had to do was sew on a border and then get it quilted but nope! It has three borders to sew on. I finished the first border and have the top & bottom sewn on of border #2. It probably doesn't sound like much but it is 100% hand-pieced and that will include the borders. I love doing it though but it takes a little more time.

The dark blue at the top is border #2 and the striped below it is border #1. I have to fold it up carefully and tightly due to a certain little pussycat that likes to chew on any loose strings! Bad kitty! Lol!
That's been my sewing week. I'll leave with a picture of one of my gardens that I finished up this week. I'm hoping it will be a cool place to visit when the heat of summer finally arrives.

Have a good week! Now go wash your refrigerator & freezer door handles!



Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy HERE to see what the other scrappers are doing!

6 comments:

  1. Nice progress for the week, Susie! Looking forward to you Hope completed quilt reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see a fabric in someone else's post that I have in my stash, too - it's that green with the snowflakes that's in your top photo. Love that one! That bee fabric is great, too - perfect message for these times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire your Awesome Land blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoVe the "bee" backing... & your garden will be wonderful to enjoy during spring & summer... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE fabrics with words and print on it. They make for fun blocks. Gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep Leaders and Enders nearby too! It’s become quite a habit! It’s hard not to use them! To just finish the seam, pull it away from the needle and use the thread cutter, seems so wasteful.
    I really like your Awesome Land blocks.

    ReplyDelete