Saturday, May 16, 2020

RSC Dark Green

Here we go again, another Saturday and it's time for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge report. Angela chose Dark Green for May and you can join the linky party to see everyone's progress if you CLICK HERE! As for me, I did pretty good this week. Here are all the Heartfires for this month -- and it's only the 15th!
As you can see, Polly approves while sitting on a dark green rug herself!

The Awesome Land blocks played catch up this week. I used these for leaders & enders while sewing the Heartfire blocks since I hadn't quite finished the light blue ones from April.
I'll catch up on the dark green ones for this month. Again, I'll probably use them for leaders & enders as I hopefully get Hope to the finish line. Currently it is sitting on my ironing board webbed. I've managed to sew a couple of rows together and the next row is pinned and waiting for a little thread!
The other project that gets my attention as often as possible is Afternoon Delight, the Block-of-the-Month from The Quilt Show. My latest:
I've made a good start on the next one too, which is good since it is the last one for April. There are four more new ones posted for May. Arrgh! Will I ever manage to catch up????

Bloomtopia, the Stitch-a-Long from Fat Quarter Shop is coming right along. Thursday night I caught it up which was good because the latest step was released Friday morning. No additional progress to date but here's what it looked like Thursday night.
From this .....

To this!
I'm really excited about the next step because it has a little birdie! And speaking of little birdies, I thought I'd get a shot of the baby robins that are growing up under the deck. The last picture I took was only a week ago. 
Today's picture:
Oh no! I missed their 1st flight!!! Fred & I are truly empty nesters now! Lol!

I don't know if you noticed but I changed out the blog's header again. I took this picture this morning. I love the squiggles of green in the fields where I walk Gracie. The farmers have been busy around here and all the greenness makes me happy!

Have a great week! Now go wash your faucet handles! *smile*

11 comments:

  1. great progress on your projects and I agree the fields look very welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty projects you are working on. Love the picture in your header. Looks like a pretty place for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Heartfire blocks in dark green are so pretty! Too bad to miss the baby birds leaving the nest - that is always so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did notice your lovely new header photo. Great shot! Nice job on your RSC blocks, too. Best of luck on getting your Hope quilt together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those dark green blocks. You have lots of other pretty projects on the go. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new header photo. Funny about being empty nesters. Love your green blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes you do have a beaut new header...
    Great RSC dark green bocks ..
    What a shame you missed the Robins flight...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new header is a great photo! I love your Heartfire blocks and the applique block from TQS -I had wanted to do that one this year but haven't started at all. Hehe about the empty nesters - amazing how quickly those little birds grow up (and out of their nests!)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely green blocks, new header and background. Our Great Tits fledged this week but as the box is outside my window I was lucky and saw them go - three little ones. Now I miss watching the parents fly into the box with food! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the green fields...they match all your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stitch along project! Sorry you are empty nesters!

    ReplyDelete