Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mid-May PHD Report

I just updated my PHD spreadsheet. I have completed two of my 2020 projects so far with only 11 to go! Oh brother! But I do understand "baby steps" so I will just have to be happy with that. I should be working on Kyoto for another PHD finish. It would also be a finish  for the UFO Challenge at my LQS. It is due to be shown at the end of next month. I really need to get on that one. First step would be to locate it from somewhere in the many basement piles!

My updated PHD spreadsheet now includes the four quilts I've started at the beginning of the year. Two are Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts (Awesome Land & Heartfire), The Quilt Show Block-of-the-Month (Afternoon Delight), and on May 3rd I started GE Design's Quarantine Quilt-A-Long (Hope) with my sister. The first three projects have kept me very busy this year as they have monthly goals that I feel compelled to keep up with as best as possible.

All the Hope blocks have been sewn and the quilt is webbed. Right now I'm joining the rows into a top. Here's a picture of how it looks this morning.
I don't have any pictures of finished quilts today but I can share with you a picture of another finished applique block for Afternoon Delight.
My To-Do List for the end of May:
1. Find Kyoto and make it lie flat. I remember putting it away and not being 100% happy with the finished top.
2. Start thinking about how I want to quilt it.
3. Select a backing fabric and baste Kyoto.
4. Make the binding and the quilt label.
5. Finish Hope Quilt.

These may not seem to be lofty goals but it will be enough for me. I'll be linking up with Quilting Gail HERE.

See you June 1st!

3 comments:

  1. I like your goals. I need to do that for my various WIP's of all kinds! What is webbing? I've never heard of that before. Your block for Afternoon Delights is beautiful! Good luck with your goals and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header photo at the top is a beautiful scene! The finishing part of quilting (after the top is finished, but before the layers are basted for quilting) always slows me down. But you do have two finishes! Looking forward to seeing your Hope blocks sewn together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your progress! I usually take a bit of time between completing a top and getting it quilted, since I have to think about how I want it to look when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete