Saturday, June 20, 2020

FNSI and RSC

My goodness, I sound like some sort of governmental agency or something. FNSI. RSC. Oh brother! Follow along and I'll explain if you don't already know.

FNSI (Friday Night Sew-In) is hosted by Wendy at her Sugarlane Designs blog on the third Friday of each month. Quilters all around the world have the opportunity to join in the linky party, take the opportunity to enjoy stitching, and then sharing what you worked on and check in on what the others have done with their evening. This month you can see the activity of all RIGHT HERE!

So what did I work on? I got some fabrics coordinated for the next block of Afternoon Delight and put some stitches in it. I managed to get the outside of this circle appliqued down and the start of a few of the points. Check the bottom left corner ....
I really should have prepped the circle that goes into the middle of the previous block so I could put it away.
I apologize for not pressing it before taking its picture!

Earlier this week I sewed together Tigger for the Winnie the Pooh sew-a-long. I think he looks magnificient!
Of course, in between I sewed Awesome Land blocks as leaders & enders. That's one of my RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) projects. This month's color is pink. I'm linking up with Angela's RSC Linky Party HERE! So much pink to look at!
Bottom row, middle block is the last of the dark green blocks finally sewn up from last month! I'm getting quite a pile of blocks for this project which isn't too surprising. After all, we started this in January and here it is June already!
The reason there are three sets turned out is because I counted what I had this morning. Oops! There's only eight pinks done and each color needed nine. Then I discovered there are also only eight aqua/turquoise blocks and, oh my gosh, only seven light blue ones! I'll be playing catch up with those colors this week for sure!

I finally got this young lady's picture. Activity started out a little slow at the hummingbird feeders this year but it has been picking up lately. I think maybe the tardiness might have been caused by our unusually wet & cold spring maybe?
On Thursday my mother turned 87. I made birthday scones for her and dropped them off at several friends' and family's homes on my way to her house. Everyone loved them and Mom's neighbor actually called me to say they were the best scones she's EVER had!
The tidbits in them were cinnamon morsels made by Nestle. I had a hard time finding them for a different recipe but, when I found them, I bought several bags. Mom & I saw the scone recipe on the back of the bag and we agreed that we should try these one day since they sounded so tasty. Oh my! They're even better than we imagined. I think it's probably because it called for roasted (not toasted) walnuts. I had to actually cook them in the oven and wow! Soooooo good! I might double up the nuts next time I make these .... and I'm not even a nut lover!

Have you ever seen black hollyhocks? I hadn't but I spied these in someone's back yard while walking Gracie this week.
There were also pink ones. I loved the double pinks in the back. They look like carnations.
Here's a picture of my favorite hosta. I love that the stems aren't super tall and the stems are loaded with flowers. The leaves are really textured too.
In other news, my husband's surgery has been set up for noon on Tuesday, July 7. The kidney will be officially outta here!

Have a great weekend! I'm ready to get Gracie out on the trail this morning followed by (hopefully) finishing up the quilting on Kyoto today .... right after I make some potato salad for dinner tonight!

9 comments:

  1. Busy busy!!! Cinnamon morsels??/ that sounds great - I doubt they are available here but the scones sound yummy!
    Love the Tigger and the applique looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones do sound delicious! I'll have to look for the cinnamon chips and give the recipe a try. Love your Tigger, and of course your Awesome Land blocks. Your applique blocks always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty PINK blocks for the RSC and those scones look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely things to look at on your blog today. Doesn't Tigger look great, you must be so proud of him. And your scones sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You applique and tigger blocks are wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos. I haven’t thought of hollyhocks for a long time, I have never seen black ones. Wish my host as looked as good as yours. I moved then 2 years ago and they have looked a bit raggedy ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy this week with lots of lovely sewing. I saw Gail's QAL too and was very tempted - your Tigger block is gorgeous! the scones look/sound delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely projects you've worked on.
    Really like Tigger and would be a lovely SAL to join in with.
    The scones look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those scones do sound delicious! Lots of nice pink blocks and your pretty applique. The black hollyhock looks stunning! Good to have that op scheduled. xx

    ReplyDelete