Saturday, June 13, 2020

RSC = PINK! Glorious Pink!

Hot diggity! Angela chose pink for June's color. Since I didn't get any pink sewing done the first week, I made an extra effort to have something to show today. And I do! First up are my Awesome Land blocks, which I used as leaders & enders.
Oh my! Did you happen to catch that dark green one in the mix? Yes, I discovered the pieces for it PLUS another set of green pieces for the last (I hope) dark green Awesome Land block.

These blocks were made while piecing a couple of things. First, did you catch my most recent post .... a couple of hours ago? I'm sewing with Quilting Gail and making a Winnie the Pooh quilt. You can find the pattern by Sew Fresh Quilts HERE. You can also join Gail & me & probably more right here on Quilting Gail's blog. It's going to be adorable!
I'm making the large size and here is Winnie the Pooh! Ta! Da! We are now working on Piglet with Tigger and Eeyore to follow.

I also used my leaders & enders to get this far on Heartfire blocks.
One more round to go on these followed by three more and I'm done with them for the month. I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy to share my pink projects and to check in on my RSC buddies. You can too right HERE!

This week I also joined some friends for a little sewing one afternoon. It was my first face-to-face meeting with quilting buddies and it was so refreshing. Thank you, Millie, for inviting me and thank you, Sharon, Karen, and Judy for joining me. Your friendship is dear to me.

I brought applique to work on, Eva Grace specifically. I don't know why I put it aside but it's really coming along now.
I got most of the leaves sewn on during medical procedures being performed on my husband and also during his trips to the ER and doctor appointments for check-ups. Applique is very therapeutic for me.

Speaking of hubby, at our last appointment it was determined that since there has been no significant signs of the kidney healing in the past 2 1/2 months, it will be removed. We are waiting to hear from the hospital scheduler as to when that might be.

On a happier note, our grandson Brody turned one last week. There was a big party to celebrate, of course.
Brody with his other Grandmother

Waiting on Cake!

He had a pool party!

Last week also marked my Baby Girl's 40th birthday. I cannot believe how quickly those 40 years have flown by. She will always be my #1 daughter. She keeps me on my toes and often off-balance, but always centered. She's a beautiful person inside & out.
See what I mean? Lol!

Have a great week, everyone! I'm off to walk the dog followed by getting her to the groomer .... finally allowed!

9 comments:

  1. Brody is a cutie pie handsome lad. I love the special cut centers in your hexi blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun pulling out your pink scraps this week! I love those hexie blocks especially. Happy Birthday to Brodie and your daughter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute family! Brody doesn’t look too happy in the warmer, though! I love your Winnie the Pooh - it really looks like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have squealed when I saw the Strawberry Shortcake fabric! But there was no witnesses. So, did it really happen?🍓

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEW glad to see that you were able to get some PINK sewing done for the RSC!! Happy to the Birthday Girl, too. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Leaders & Enders... great blocks.
    And the SAL looks interesting...might have to check it out...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winnie the pooh, do sweet! As always, I love your Awesome Land blocks, will have to try that design myself I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy post, with the exception of your DH medical issue! That’s scary!
    Loved seeing Brody in his pool! And your daughter and her kitty! Oh, how I miss my kids and grandchildren and great grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely picture of your daughter Susie and Brody looks adorable. Your Pooh quilt sounds like fun. Lovely pink blocks and I always enjoy seeing applique - beautiful. Sorry to hear about your husband - will he have to wait long? Take care both of your. xx

    ReplyDelete