Monday, June 15, 2020

Mid-June PHD Report

I'm feeling pretty good about my June progress so far, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about Kyoto. It is due June 23 for a show 'n' share on Zoom with my local quilt shop. But hold on! I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. Let's review my goals for June.

My To-Do List for Mid-June:

1. Finalize quilting plan for Kyoto. Um, I have ideas floating in my head but nothing is final ... YET!
2. Select a backing fabric and pin-baste Kyoto. I couldn't find a piece large enough (that I liked) for Kyoto so I measured, figured, drew, and then sewed up a backing. So some progress but need to cut batting and then get out the pins.
3. Make the binding and the quilt label for Kyoto. Nope!
4. Quilt, bind, & label Hope. Nope!
5. Finish, quilt, bind, & label Patriotic Wall Hanging. I did finish the piecing for Patriotic Wall Hanging. Also, I found enough fabric on the clearance rack at a local quilt shop for the backing. Need to get this moving again too.

So there you have it. Progress on my To-Do List but need to start thinking about getting them completed 100%.

In the meantime, I've picked up Eva Grace again. She's on my PHD list for 2020 so that's OK, sort of, but I think I'm supposed to be concentrating a bit harder on my To-Do List. And as if that isn't enough, I started a new project. Did you just hit your forehead with the heel of your hand? Hahaha!
Quilting Gail, who is our fearless leader for our PHDs, started a Winnie the Pooh Sew-a-Long. I know of a couple of people that just had or will be having soon babies. How could I resist? If (and yes, that's a big IF) I keep up, this should be finished by the end of the month. Oh brother, here's another thing to add to my To-Do List! I better start listing things and be a bit reasonable ....

So there you have it. No finishes and one new start.

To-Do List for June

1. Get that Kyoto to the finish line!!!
2. Get Pooh finished too!
3. Cross Patriotic Wall Hanging from my list!

That ought to keep me busy! I'm heading to my sewing room right after I link up with Quilting Gail to turn in my report. Wonder how everyone else is doing? We can find out right HERE!

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your "to-do" list for this month hugs from afar julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Winnie the Pooh blocks are great! That's going to be such a cute quilt! I bet I know who that's for. (Wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, fun read today! You have quite a bit going and seem to have a lot of spunk and drive to obtain your goals - what a list! I wish you good and happy sewing days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Pooh & Piglet... & good luck with your list... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those heartfire blocks(former post) and this Eva Grace large block...wonderful work there. And all love Pooh and Piglet. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Eva Grace block; I just love applique, flowers, leaves...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pooh & Piglet are just the cutest. Good luck on getting the goals finished.

    ReplyDelete