Saturday, December 19, 2020

Company, Wool Mini, Twisted Mystery, & an RSC2021 Plan

I haven't been scrapping it lately but I can share what I have been working on. This little Christmas mini wool project was offered some time ago and I've been sharing the little 4" finished blocks as I was working on them. I've now sewn them all together and embroidered the little snowflakes on the "corner stones". Cute little touch, don't you agree? Yesterday I started the embroidery on the top border and it is just sitting at the top of the finished center.
My daughter will be arriving tonight from VA. I'm very much looking forward to that. Everything is set in the house for all the expected visitors and Christmas  season. The house is decked up, including very necessary cleaning. The Christmas cards have all been mailed out as well as the packages. Two of the four have already been received! Mom's house lights have been put up and the 2nd trip down to her house was made to replace burnt out bulbs. Menus have also been made for various meals as well as the shopping for said meals. All that's left is to make the beds up and spruce up the bathrooms. Whew!

Yesterday hubby had what was to  be his final check-up from the kidney removal but Wait! There's More! A couple of days ago he noticed what he called a "bubble" near the top of the incision's scar. Dr. Aliperti confirmed that there was a hernia now to deal with. As a matter of fact, the doc  pushed  three of his fingers through the hernia! He said that was actually a good thing and will put in a referral for a general surgeon to determine if yet another procedure will be necessary. Oh my goodness? Can anything else go wrong? Wait -- don't answer that! Lol!

I've also jumped in on a group quilt-a-long with several guild members. The group is called Twisted Mystery and LindaLee is our fearless leader. She designs the quilts we will be making. I participated in this group for several years, dropped out for a couple of years, and decided to join in again. My color palette is patriotic -- red, white, blue, a little gold, all on a gray background. We work at our own speed and I've finished the first 2 steps. Today's Zoom meeting will be Steps 7 & 8, I believe. I'm a little behind! Haha! I've included this project in my RSC report since you may have noticed it's a little scrappy! I just can't resist!!


As for my official RSC project for next, I've decided to work on Bonnie Hunter's Daybreak from her book "String Frenzy". I've got a lot of neutral scraps that I hope to put a dent in. I still need to decide what my main color will be for this one. I've got a couple ideas but will need to check my stash to see what I can come up with. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. No shame in being behind on a Mystery project. Just keep stitching away at it! Daybreak sounds like a good plan for RSC2021. Good luck with making progress each month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wool project is just adorable, Susie! Looks like it has been fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Daybreak looks like a great quilt for RSC21. Enjoy your mystery quilt. Trying to stay caught up is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little Christmas panel Susie. Sorry to hear that your husband needs more treatment - I hope it is swift and trouble free! It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful family Christmas, you have been busy preparing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to look up Daybreak. I have that book, but the quilt doesn't ring a bell. Bonnie Hunter quilt patterns make great scrap quilts for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anxious to see your Twisted Mystery come together! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish a speedy recovery for your DH. Bonnie's pattern should make for a fun quilt for 2021. Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete