Saturday, December 5, 2020

FNwF & RSC

It was so nice to get together last night with my sewing friends near & far. Cheryll is so sweet to host this event monthly. If you go to Gone Stitchin' you will find a lot of fun things going on! As soon as I got the invitation, I knew what I was going to work on .... and I actually did what I was planning to do!

First up was to finish off my pair of knitted socks. Here's a picture of one, the other is soaking for blocking. I'll post a complete write-up when both are all pretty & blocked!

Since I knew that wouldn't take too terribly long, I ran down to my sewing space and finished sewing on the binding of Snowmen & Churches. All I had left to do was sew the two ends together and then sew down the last 10 or so inches. On to hand sewing the binding down! Yay!

I'm looking forward to finishing this one up. I started it many moons ago. There will definitely be a final post just as soon as I git 'er done! This quilt is my bonus project for my LQS's 2020 UFO Challenge and it is also part of my 2020 PHD. I'm itching to get done with this quilt so I can get back to finishing up the Tiny Tuesday quilt!

I'm also sharing this post with all the RSC quilters on Angela's So Scrappy blog. I figured since I mentioned Tiny Tuesday this post will be OK to share there too!

Until next time, make it a great weekend!


11 comments:

  1. That is fun-looking sock pattern - love the design! Isn't it great to be sewing some binding? I'll look forward to seeing that finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hand stitching, Sue! That sock certainly turned out well. I have to say, I don't really get the purpose of blocking socks. I figure that's what my feet are for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, gorgeous socks! Good luck with your UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your socks - they look very cosy :-) Nice also to get onto the final part of a quilt. Sadly my PHD projects haven't been particularly successful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did have a busy evening :-), nice socks,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A profitable evening for you then Susie - looking forward to seeing your finished items posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LoVe those socks... you are a beautiful knitter.
    Thanks for joining in FNwF too...
    Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sock you’ve knitting and great to have also worked on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting to the binding stage. That quilt looks lovely; I may have to dig back through your blog to see if I can find a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks are lovely! Love getting to the sewing the binding down stage xx

    ReplyDelete