Thursday, December 10, 2020

I Like Thursday #17

How about a few "likes" today to get this day rolling? My first "like" is turkey soup with jumbo noodles. This soup was made from the turkey bones, add a little sautéed celery, onion, & garlic, a few carrots, and a little salt & pepper.  You add anything else you desire. This year I added frozen peas and some edamame. Cook the noodles separately and add however much you want to your bowl. Then throw the soup on top. This way your noodles won't get soggy. Some folks call this Mother's Penicillin. I've always called mine anti-flu soup. In 2020 I call it anti- COVID soup!

I also like my few TV shows are coming back! I've been enjoying The Amazing Race. Season finale next week! This 3-team alliance will be FINALLY playing for themselves and I'm wondering how well that's going to go over. I also enjoy Blue Bloods. I just love the family dynamics in this show. Then throw in a police case and I'm a happy girl! Bull had been new but he was a re-run this week. Whaaaaat! The season only just started!!! Anyway, I also couldn't believe that The Weakest Link wasn't on this week either. Such disappointment here in Sue-ville! Lol! NCIS did start in again but I had to miss. I had my guild's virtual Christmas party to go to! I liked it well enough but it sure wasn't the same as in years past. Oh well! The board did an amazing job working with what they had.

Mom & I caught "Holiday in the Wild" on Netflix last weekend starring Kristin Davis & Rob Lowe. While it was kind of Hallmark-y, we liked it. It was about a rich woman whose son goes off to college and her husband leaves her. She ends up in Africa on what was supposed to be their 2nd honeymoon but finds herself tending to elephants at a sanctuary. She used to be a vet before she was married with a child. Great scenery, adorable elephants, nice story made this movie watch-worthy.

Yesterday I liked that Fred & I enjoyed 66-degree-weather by getting Mom's Christmas lights up. That always brightens her holiday and she loves welcoming the family home with her lights on. Sorry there aren't any pictures. It was still light outside when we left.

I'm joining in with the others for optimistic "like" posts with LeeAnna. Join us HERE!

6 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas header! I made that pillow too a couple of year ago! It’s a favorite! I like NanaCo’s designs. So sweet!
    Good hint on the noodles in the soup! I’ll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup looks and sounds delicious! I love turkey soup, too. I couldn't believe Bull was a rerun this week either- same reaction at our house as at yours. What?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a gOOd news story...
    Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup looks delicious! My TiVo has been so empty - it will be nice when shows start coming back on again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks so good! There are so many television shows not in production. I miss my shows! I'm hoping things will get better after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! Turkey soup, and amazing race... I don't love any of them but LIKE the married couple, then the bearded guys altho they probably will win. Those other guys are so conniving... not like the usual contestants who are more kind but I like them all anyway.
    Saw the Kristin davis movie and liked it too... boy Rob lowe has been around a while now hasn't he? Still looking good.

    ReplyDelete