Thursday, December 17, 2020

I Like Thursday #18

Hello and welcome to my world. We are really getting close to Christmas so I'm happy to say that this house is pretty much as ready as it ever will be. Ta! Da! Christmas tree went up yesterday. I ended up with a headache from all the dust. Not from the tree but from the cleaning that must take place or I won't be happy. Who wants a pretty tree (with company expected) in a dirty house!??!


Now this makes me very happy too. My friend Vickie made this Santa for me years & years ago! I love it and it will sit in the den with us and keep us company all the way until Epiphany!

To keep things in the merry, merry mood, we received a dusting of snow Wednesday morning. Gracie & I enjoyed our walk with the sky still letting loose with some flakes (besides us!).

Lately I've been enjoying the book "Camino Winds" by John Grisham. It's not the usual lawyer-type-book he normally writes and is the follow-up book to "Camino Island" set in Florida. The winds refer to a major hurricane that ran over the island causing devastation and .... a murder! So far a fun read.

It's really chilly in the house this morning but I'm warmed up with the thought of my daughter arriving in a few days. I've also got a Christmas quilt across my lap with a snuggly kitty on top!

Have a wonderful day!

Sharing all my "likes" this week on Not Afraid of Color. LeeAnna and friends are doing the same!

5 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful Christmas banner! And your tree is so pretty with lots of lights. holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is beautiful. I love Christmas trees, but it hasn't been worth the hassle lately - so I love seeing everyone else's. How can Christmas only be a week away?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing everyone's Christmas trees and decorations! Enjoy having your daughter there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tree!
    I'll have to see if the library has Grisham's book ...
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa is awesome. Oh my house is a dust bowl, that is what happens when you live in the middle of farmland and are 160 years old. Great likes.

    ReplyDelete