Thursday, September 8, 2022

I Like Thurs #88

Another round of "LIKES" for and from all. What have you liked this week? Anything make you smile? This post is exactly that from me and others joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color. You can see the others' posts HERE.

On my walk the other day, I thought I spied a fried egg laying in the grass.


Upon further investigation, I discovered it was a funny-looking mushroom!


The Limelight Hydrangea that I mentioned last week is huge. Here's a picture so you can get an idea.

It's now September which means the St. Louis Cardinals are working hard in the final stretch to make the play-offs. We've been enjoying (most of) the games. On other sports networks, we've also been watching the U.S. Open Tennis tournament being held in New York City. The competition has been wonderful and, since it's held here in the USA, the court times are only one hour different. We enjoy the matches from morning until night. Here's a picture of Labor Day dinner: BBQ pork steak, apple sauce, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes, and TENNIS. Oh! Don't forget that glass of wine! Ha!

The new neighbors brought a kitty that likes roaming around a little bit by day. She's a sweet little kitty named Val. Val walked through our front yard while Polly was watching birds in the front yard. Here's a picture of Polly tracking Val's movements!

My last photos are scrumptious pictures of two beautiful fat quarter bundles that I received in the mail. They were in appreciation of the Twistie quilt I sent to Mercyful Quilts. I got these fabrics from Preeti @ Sew Preeti Quilts as a thank you for participating in the quilt drive. Aren't they gorgeous??!!??


See that one between the white and the yellow? My favorite -- it has radishes! Yum!

And that's it for me this week. Look around this week ... bet you find something you can like too!

6 comments:

  1. ahem, I never forget the wine! Dinner and a game, perfect.
    laughed at the fried egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very unusual mushroom! Your hydrangea is amazing - look at all those blooms! Labor Day dinner looks yummy - enjoying it while watching your favorite sport is fun, too. That is a lovely bundle of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fried-egg mushroom. Those fabrics look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching of those Christmas letters if I haven't already said so. Never saw a mushroom quite like that though there are many now popping up all over. What a wonderful hydrangea bush and mouth watering meal too. Also pretty little fabric bundle. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mushroom had me fooled! I Also like that radish fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last comment from Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete