Thursday, September 22, 2022

I Like Thursday #90

It's been another good week and I want to 1) thank LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for inviting me and others to share the good things from the past week, and 2) thank you for checking in on my "likes" again this week!

Let's start with Mother Nature. The other day I saw these two beautiful creatures enjoying the corn that my neighbor had thrown out in their backyard. From what I understand, these two stop by for breakfast most  mornings.

Mama Deer

Baby Deer

While refilling my own bird feeders this week, I discovered that my clematis is re-blooming! They are the usual Jackmanii variety and just beautiful.


How could I go through an I Like Thurs post without a few food pics? We came across a good deal on beef tenderloins and Fred nailed it on the charcoal grill. I loved mine with a baked sweet potato. He and Mom had a baked russet.


Another night this week, I cooked up some thick boneless pork chops using the sous vide method. They also turned out perfectly seasoned and wonderfully juicy. Applesauce, steamed broccoli, and homemade mac 'n' cheese rounded out the plate ... along with a little wine in the glass, of course!

Gracie & I came across this contraption tied to the post on the bike trail the other morning. The post has a sign that explains the rules of the trail and also a map of the trails.

Close-up of the "Contraption"

Contraption tied to the post

The trail maintenance guy was weed-whacking so Gracie & I stopped to ask him what the contraption was all about. He had no idea, called his boss who also had no idea. It's still there as of today.

Let's go ask the Trail Maintenance Man, Gracie.
Head for the light!

Here's some fabulous news. I was a winner in Week #1 of the Island Batik Give-Away. I won a stack of 26 beautiful Baroque fat quarters! Just goes to show, you can't win if you don't play! They are so pretty!!! I'll have to come up with a good project to do them justice!


I hope you had a good week with another good one on the way. Me? I've got a quilty road trip with a friend happening tomorrow. The trip is coinciding with the first day of Fall and the weather is going to prove it. Falling temps -- 93 degrees today with an expected high tomorrow of 69 degrees! Yikes! Grab your sweatshirts and enjoy the changing season.

6 comments:

  1. How great to see the deer on your walk! Your meals look yummy - those are favorites of ours, too. Beautiful bundle of batiks - congratulations on your win! You'll have fun playing with those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning all that gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! Your clematis is gorgeous! I have never had any luck growing them but you are inspiring me to give them a try again. Maybe I could get it in yet this Fall. I just love pork chops and applesauce together. I'm not a huge fan of pork chops so the applesauce convince me to enjoy them! HAHA. Congrats on the Island Batik fabric win! How exciting and how beautiful those fabrics are. WOW - the opportunities. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza - those batiks look fantastic! The clematis are so pretty. That beef looks really tasty. The contraption almost looks like a trail camera. What a curious thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those batiks are gorgeous! The clematis is lovely. Your beef looks yummy, but so does your pork. Yep we went from him 70's down to high 60's at night to 40 last night and my house never got above 60 today, outside temp was 65. So on went the furnace. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooler here now too. Dinner looks delicious! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete