Thursday, September 15, 2022

I Like Thursday #89

Welcome back to my I Like Thursday post. I try to appreciate the good things in my life as do the others that also post every Thursday HERE. Thanks to LeeAnna for making all this possible.

My favorite thing to like this week is this video of my "little conductor" and his vocal sidekick in the background. I hope I get this right for you. Be sure to turn up your sound!

Would you like to see a picture of the sidekick? Of course you would!

Earlier this week I cooked up a bunch of garbanzo beans and roasted two red peppers. I threw all that plus 4 cloves of garlic, a couple splops of tahini, a little EVOO, S&P to taste, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon into my food processor. Yum! Roasted red pepper hummus! Mom & I love this with Triscuit crackers ... any flavor! We're not choosey!

What a gorgeous color!

This past weekend I decided to make some homemade ice cream. Look at this bowl of delicousness! Chocolate chip ice cream with a little Hershey Syrup. Yum! I really like that!

I'm pretty sure I've told you how much I like and value my membership to my guild Hearts 'n' Hands. I have learned so much and made so many friends through it. Little by little we are getting more members to come in to join us and we still offer Zoom for those that don't feel comfortable coming in yet. Tuesday night we had over 80 show up and, I'm proud to say, we had coffee, water, and snacks available for the first time since March 2020! I should have taken a picture of the snack table. Maybe I was too busy elbowing my way in to get a bite to eat! Ha!

Anyway, snacks or no snacks, our board continues to have programs for us to enjoy. This week, prior to the meeting, we watched a YouTube from our guests Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr from Modern Quilt Studio. They joined us via Zoom at our meeting to then answer any and all questions we had from the video about mixing fabrics/colors. It was very thought-provoking especially since I enjoy making scrappy quilts. Here's a quick picture I thought to take that night.

I'm missing the class they are teaching this weekend because I'll be sewing for a couple days with my Sleep In Your Own Bed retreaters. Oh well, rats! But I'll still be having fun and I like sewing with this group!

That sums up my current week. I hope you have had some special "likes" this week to remind you that Life is Good!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! Oh, that homemade hummus looks delicious. I can almost taste it . . . makes my mouth water. I love it with Triscuits, too!! Life IS good and I'm so glad you found your way to your guild. Those connections are priceless. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love here, Susie. Amazing conducting and look at those chubby little knees. Would love to be holding them! How neat that you make hummus and ice cream too. Making my mouth water!! I envy your outings with fellow quilters...always learn something and so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hummus is such a pretty color. What a cute sidekick. It's been ages since I've last had chocolate syrup - you're bringing back some good memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great week! My guild is starting to meet in person too. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete