Saturday, November 12, 2022

Eureka! I Have Found It!

First things first. After probably about two years, while looking for a misplaced pattern, I found the missing Awesome Land blocks. All 81 of them with a side sashing attached!!! I was sure I must've left them at a retreat because that was the last time I saw them. These blocks were listed on my 2021 UFO list so I presume I made the blocks during RSC2020. Here they are laid out on my living room floor yesterday. I am so doing my happy dance! I will work very hard to have the top done by year's end.

Yesterday I worked very hard finishing Block #8 of the BOM at my LQS. It is called Illusions Sampler.

Block #8 Illusions Sampler

I don't quite know why I did Block #9 before this one but now I have the first nine blocks done. These blocks are 24" square - HUGE! Here they all are, in no particular order.


I have to tell you a "funny" story. At my quilt group the other day, one lady had all 12 of her Illusions Sampler blocks put together and the borders on. When she showed it at show 'n' tell, I couldn't believe I saw a HUGE boo-boo right in the middle. It was Block #8 which I had been working on so the mistake was glaring to my eyes. I now had quite the dilemma -- do I say something or not? Well, since it was only a top & not yet quilted AND because it was right square in the middle, I braved it and told her. Now it's on her to fix the mistake or not. Has this ever happened to you? Not making the mistake but letting someone know that they did when they were so proud of their work?

The other big news around here: This morning I woke up to SNOW! So pretty! Just a heavy dusting but the grass is covered up so it counts in my book. Hard to believe but a few days ago we broke the High Temp record with 83 degrees. Crazy funny!


Gracie & I have a FUN walk ahead of us this morning. Wishing you a great week!

Linking up with all the RSC quilters HERE!

13 comments:

  1. So happy you found your missing blocks! amazing how that works sometimes! your BOM blocks look great and at 24 inches...it will build fast. I think I would have told her about her boo-boo in private...but definitely let her know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr on the snow. I'm so happy for you that you found the lost blocks. I too have been in "finding" mode. They just pop up in the weirdest bins. Happy stitching. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, snow! Not yet please! I have been admiring your work here. I can imagine how pleased you are finding your "lost" blocks, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good find for you? My question is: where had they been hiding all this time? Your BOM looks like quite complicated blocks, but a beautiful quilt design. I don't know if I would have been brave enough to tell that other quilter about the mistake, but it will be interesting to see if she does fix it. Hope you enjoyed your snowy your snowy walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those Illusions Sampler blocks are lovely! I think you did the right thing by telling her about the “missssssssnake”.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have two beautiful tops in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To point out a mistake or not, that's quite a dilemma. The maker may or may not be aware that the block was assembled incorrectly, and then, may like it the way it is. Do hope she accepted your input with good grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy! Love the snow (probably because there is zero chance I have to deal with it!). Sure is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your illusion sampler blocks are glorious. Should work out to a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you found the missing blocks - they do look good. Love #8 - and the others too!. That lady was probably very embarassed but, looking back she will be very pleased that you spotted it at the flimsy stage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finding those missing Awesome Land blocks! Doing a happy dance here for you. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how things that have been missing for a while eventually turn up! We had a dusting of snow yesterday. I’m not sure I’m ready for snow yet. Take care. Your quilt blocks will make a beautiful quilt. PS. I think I would tell the person about the mistake. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that you found the missing blocks. I can just imagine you jumping for joy. Your Illusion Sampler is looking fabulous. Oh yes! I once shared one of my cross stitch pieces and did not notice that I had misspelled a word. Thank goodness a dear stitcher messaged me. It was a good giggle for us both and I was so happy and appreciative she alerted of me of my boo boo. Have a wonderful week , Susie and stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete