Saturday, November 19, 2022

FNSI and a Bit More

Last night was the third Friday of November, meaning Friday Night Sew-In with the virtual ladies. Unfortunately I was too tired to stitch since I'd been up since WAY before dawn. My hip (did I mention I think I have bursitis?) was really ailing me, enough that I couldn't lay still. So I got up. It may have been since I'd sat in the car all day Wednesday to go to A to Z Quilt Store to get my All-Illinois Shop Hop prize, the AccuQuilt Go! Baby cutter. Or it could've been that walking all over the Scott AFB BX and then the commissary the very next day was just too much hard-floor walking. Might also have been a combo, right?

So earlier in the day I finished the "innards" of the next Illusions Sampler BOM. This is October's block. Did I ever mention how much I dislike sewing square-in-a-square blocks? Haha!

Later that evening it was all I could do to knit a bit on a sock I'd started earlier in the week for FNSI. I'll look up the particulars of the pattern another time. Last night I started the gusset after turning the heel the night before. I'm using a pretty gray yarn that I got from Invictus Yarns. I'd won a $30 gift certificate through a Ravelry knit group called Verybusymonkey Knitters. I love Stephanie's patterns and she's behind Very Busy Monkey. Anyway, here's my progress.

Right now I'd also like to give a shout-out to Aaron for the fabulous job he did cleaning and tuning up both of my Berninas. He used to work out of Batiks Plus in St. Louis but the shop is closing or may already have closed. He's currently working on landing in another shop. In the meantime, he picked up my machines on Tuesday, cleaned and adjusted them, and then returned them to my door on Thursday! A 2-day turn around! Amazing!!! If you're in the area and need your Bernina to get a spa-treatment, contact him through his email, aaronsmachinerepail@gmail.com . Correction: aaronsmachinerepair@gmail.com .Your machine will thank you!

So that's my latest! Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Wendy @ Sugarlane Designs for Friday Night Sew-In and also with Angela @ So Scrappy for Rainbow Scrap Quilters.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're having trouble with your hip. Walking all day on hard floors is hard on me, too. That's a pretty block for the Illusions sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GO! Baby!!! That's so exciting! I won my first GO! Baby so many years ago. I wore it out after using it several years and MANY scrap quilts. I have purchased two more since then. Sorry to hear about your hip. The weather isn't the best for it right now. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on those big wins and hope you find relief from your hip pain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finishing your October BOM! it looks great and you're making wonderful progress on your sock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv your block! knitting was something I never could get the hang of lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your wins. Pretty sock pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might to double-check Aaron's email. Is it really "repail"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great wins.I do like that blocka dn the sock is looking great. Look after that hip! Sounds like too much exercise all in one go to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hip feels better! Your Oct BOM is lovely - great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete