Thursday, November 10, 2022

I Like Thurs #93

After quite an absence, I'm back from retreat and vacation. I've been doing my best to get caught up on my happenings but today -- it's all about I Like Thursday! I'm starting this post with how I like Fall. I love the weather, I love getting ready to settle in for the Winter, I like knowing that the air will be turning colder and sweaters and turtlenecks will be worn soon. I like the color of the leaves against cool, crisp blue skies.

Taken on my walk this week

Taken at my son's house last week

I like teasing my sister. She likes owls but not to an excess. I saw these key chains at a convenience shop and kidded her that she should want one.
I didn't see her name but "special sister" would work!

I like special events that happen within my family. This happened for my niece when her boyfriend proposed to her right before Halloween in the pumpkin patch.

The happy couple! We are already looking forward to a September 2024 wedding!

I have been enjoying Survivor on TV. I got caught up during this past week on the episodes that I missed while away. As for a book, I've been reading "Every Last Fear" by Alex Finlay. It is quite a story and has me wanting to read, read, read!
What have you been liking lately? I'll be sharing my likes with Leeanna @ Not Afraid of Color and others that share their likes each week too.

Have a good week!

10 comments:

  1. Seeing those bright autumn tree colors against a perfect blue sky just never gets old! I'm so grateful to live in a place where autumn happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty trees! Those owl keychains are fun - did your sister want one? Such a cute way to propose! Happy Thursday, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is such a great time to curl up with a good book and cozy quilt! Today it is moody weather here - overcast, but humid and windy. That will change tonight, when the temps are supposed to take a drastic drop. Time for some quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Love the "special sister" owl keychain. I have an adult that loves pigs - I pick up small things whenever I see them just like this keychain. Love the pumpkin patch proposal!! How cool. Ooh, that book sounds good and I'm a Survivor fan, too. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie, I enjoyed your travel post very much, how neat to get to visit family and tour the sites. I've ordered from keepsake quilts over the years so that was neat to see. Meanwhile, I echo your sentiments about this time of year. I don't mind having humidity behind me. What a great proposal! I watched a season of Alone recently and enjoyed it while stitching. Take care now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how adorable the proposal pumpkin! Loving survivor too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the happy couple! My son is getting married October 2024. It seems like a long way off but it will be here sooner than you think! So glad you found your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your dear niece on her engagement. I am sure the whole family is excited. The autumn trees are so beautiful, Susie.

    ReplyDelete