Thursday, August 8, 2024

I Like Thursday #151

What a crazy month so far around here. We went to near 99 degrees yesterday and today felt almost chilly with a high in the mid-70s. The All Illinois Shop Hop began this month and my friend & I hit the road yesterday morning at 8am. The weather was perfect without any rain or heat. We stopped at six new-to-me shops and I was dropped off home at 5:30pm. I have to admit that by the 6th store I was having trouble digesting all I was seeing and didn't even buy a thing. I was so looking forward to my bed! Since this is my I Like Thursday post, I can honestly say that I like my friend, I like to shop hop, and I like to get out and see new places. Triple LIKE!

I am very nearly finished with "The Dutch House". I can't imagine how it will end but I am enjoying this book very much.

GoodReads Synopsis HERE

This past week I made Cabbage and Sausage Foil Packets. I nabbed the recipe from Spend with Pennies. Fred doesn't like cooked cabbage so I substituted carrot chunks in his. Since Mom & I like cabbage and carrots, we ended up getting both in our packets. It was an easy recipe and it turned out SO GOOD. Fred liked the easy kitchen clean-up! Here's a picture of his packet.

Recipe HERE

I've been watching one of my neighbor's sunflowers grow and grow and grow. Each day I check for a bloom. This week I was rewarded. Look how tall!!!


The other day I did a happy dance when I put the final piece of the puzzle in place. This 1500-piece puzzle was a good one.

Earlier when all that was left was 123 solid blue pieces left

Ta da!

I'll leave you with a photo of a silly little yellow finch. Do you see him? Sitting on top of the car? I think he found something to eat or was drinking some of the raindrops/dew.


I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. Don't forget to stop & smell the flowers. Just not that sunflower -- unless you're 12 feet high! Haha

Linking with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color.

8 comments:

  1. Your shop hop sounds both fun and tiring! I really liked the Dutch House - my book club had a good discussion about it. Yum on the foil packet dinners! Those sunflowers look pretty amazing. I'm trying to grow some, too, but I don't really want them to grow that tall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, wait until you see the next installment picture of those sunflowers! Giant and SO MANY FLOWERS! I enjoyed The Dutch House too. Now I've started a book recommendation from my daughter. It's an interesting read so far. I'll talk about it Thursday. Hopefully I'll be a bit further along in it.

      Delete
  2. My friend and I spent the summer of 2016 participating in Florida's shop hop and Row by Row event. I can't remember how many shops we visited that summer but it was a lot. I can't say that I didn't make any purchases. I love cooked cabbage and will check out the recipe. Thanks for sharing the link. I love that you and I enjoy some of the same foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try that recipe yet? I just made it again a couple nights ago using a beef sausage instead of the kielbasa in the first. Again -- bon appetit!

      Delete
  3. I love to see recipes where everything is done in one step. That's right up my alley! Those sunflowers are so tall! I found the finch. He seems to be enjoying himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that recipe again a couple nights ago only this time I had a beef sausage instead of a kielbasa. Still delicious and we all agreed on that. You should make it. It's easy & delicious!

      Delete
  4. Susie - I can relate to the crazy month(s)!!!! Hard to find time to post a blog, much less comment on others! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog! I never met a vegetable I didn't like, so can I have cabbage AND carrots please!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Angie, you may certainly have cabbage & carrots -- just like Mom & me! Made this recipe again 2 nights ago. Instead of kielbasa, I used a beef sausage. We all enjoyed it again even though it was flavored slightly different. You should make it!

      Delete