Saturday, August 31, 2024

July RSC Pineapples are Done!

Here it is the last day of August and I finally got the July RSC pineapples completed. Ta! Da!

Sorry about the crappy photo

I also got the last (I think) Red Threads embroidery block done. It's definitely a weird one!

Not Sure What This One is All About

Yesterday I spent and today I will be spending time with friends at the monthly sleep-in-your-own-bed retreat. Yesterday I almost finished six of the paper-pieced sashing strips. They look like this when completed.

Scrappy Kansas Troubles (mostly)

These will make 22 strips completed with only 50 to go! OMG! What was I thinking!!??!! Lol!

I do have the orange fabrics with me at retreat and the necessary tools, I hope. After completing the started strips, I will take a break from those and make the orange pineapples. Then on to the next set of six sashing strips.

I hope you are having a fun weekend too and getting ready to start the next RSC color which I believe is going to be purple. Check out these posts at SoScrappy to see what progress others made with the last of their orange RSC scraps.


15 comments:

  1. Your aqua pineapples look great, Susie! I'm not sure about that red threads block either, but it kind of reminds me of the flower wreaths that girls wear when they're celebrating May Day with the May Pole dance. I think September is dark neutrals - browns and blacks. I'm thinking fall colors in my blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diann. I keep thinking that embroidery looks like a crown of thorns. Not pleasant so I like your idea better!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your scrappy pineapples in a quilt top. Guess you have to make orange ones now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get the orange ones 100% completed yesterday at retreat! Surprised? Me too! Lol Now on to some "dark" ones. I'm thinking browns/dk golds. Not too crazy about making black ones. Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. A "sleep-in-your-own-bed retreat" - do you go to a place during the day then go home? or are you just at home and set aside "retreat" time? Either way - it sounds good!
    Foundation flying geese will go accurately & smoothly - til its time to rip out the paper - that is not much fun!
    RSC - Purple?? thought we had done purple...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I qult with others at a church all day, then go home to sleep. Next day I sew all day then tear it all down and go home. Three days would be perfect but I'll take the two I get each month.
      You are correct -- we already did purple. Turns out it's "darks" for this month so I'm thinking browns/dk golds. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good idea to pace those sashing strips between other projects. Love the pretty July pineapples and looking forward to seeing your orange ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have the pineapples caught up. I'll share the orange ones next week on RSC.

      Delete
  5. Pretty pineapple blocks! I’m not sure what your embroidery is supposed to be either. It is pretty though! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail, for thinking positive on that embroidery block. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Oooh your pineapples look amazing, Susie. The cool colors are so pretty. Your embroidery looks great! I really like the design. It almost reminds me of a spider web entangled in a ring of flowers. Hmm I wonder? LOL. Beautiful job, Susie. Have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You & I think alike. I too saw a spderweb or perhaps a mandela? Whatever it is, it's in the quilt! Hope you have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete