Saturday, August 3, 2024

Friday Night with Friends

I can't believe how far behind I've gotten myself. Yes, I know, there's no pressure but I like to give myself deadlines. Turquoise/teal July has finished and all I've got is fabrics selected for the pineapples and now I need to browse my purple orange stash for August's pineapples.

On the other hand, I've kept my hands busy with embroidery work on the Red Threads blocks. Here are the ones I completed last month. I can't remember if I've shared any of these already or not.






What did I work on last night? Last week's Red Threads block. I also downloaded this week's and it's the one I've been waiting for -- an elk! But anyway, here's the one I finished last night.


The only machine sewing I've been working on is the paper-pieced sashing strips. Lots to make, for sure. The horizontal sashing strips are in 2 pieces which I have yet to sew together. I am using scrappy predominantly Kansas Troubles fabrics with a few Kim Diehl thrown in.


I've got a few more to do before these are finished. The vertical strips are one long, long string of flying geese. The paper pieces are in sets of 8. I've got a bunch of the papers prepped and ready to sew!


Let's get this weekend started! Hope yours is a good one too!


Linking up with Angela @ SoScrappy and also with Cheryll @ GoneStitchin'. Go ahead and check out what my friends are doing too.

7 comments:

  1. Lots of paper piecing in those sashing strips. Lovely embroidery ! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embroidery blocks. So pretty! I'm doing some sewing but not as much as usual. Too hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've made great progress on your Red Threads stitching! I'm looking forward to seeing those Kansas Troubles
    geese flying all around the pretty embroidery. That looks like a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely blocks there Susie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sashing strips will require patience - so many pieces. But they'll be beautiful and worth it. Your embroidery looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embroidery blocks are so pretty. Looks like a nice, productive FNwF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I can not wait to see the elk block. Your embroidered blocks look amazing, Susie. I wish you a lovely week of quilting and stitching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete