Saturday, February 22, 2020

Orange I Glad I Went On Retreat!

I already finished my Awesome Land ORANGE blocks (see header photo) so this is not really a very scrap-happy post. However I'll still be linking up this week with Angela and all my scrappy friends because I do want to share what I worked on in the meantime. I'm hoping to make some scraptastic progress on Heartfire blocks this week. We shall see ...

I finished another Afternoon Delight applique block.
Isn't it pretty??!! I really do need to start working on the Modified Shoo-Fly blocks that go with the appliqued ones. I'm supposed to do 2 per month which means I'm currently 4 behind!

This past week was my birthday week and I spent it in a new happy place with old & new friends -- Itch'n To Be Stitch'n Quilt Shop & Retreat Center in Staunton IL! Wonderful place, wonderful sewing buddies!
Mine & Millie's Bedroom

Sewing Space

Handwork/Reading/Chatting Space

We enjoyed watching each other struggle with  happily piece our quilt tops. Here are some of our masterpieces.











While there, I took the time to put together 2 blocks for my friend's group-drive to help out all affected by the fires in Australia. #bushfireblocks
I'll be shooting them out today or Monday to be in time for the March 1st deadline.
This was my main focus at retreat -- getting this monster delight pieced. That blank spot in the upper right corner just needed this last section (below) finished.
See the blank spot on the lower left side? Apparently I was one spool block short with no extra fabric to complete it with me. What's a girl to do? IMPROVISE with what you've got!
Hopefully I'll be able to assemble this 100% this weekend!

So what did you do this week? Finish it off with a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome ORANGE progress!! A retreat sounds like a great way to have a Happy Birthday. Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful projects being made. LOVE those blocks you made for my #bushfireblocks collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved being able to participate in a little relief for Australia. Such awful fires! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looks like fun week, too! I love the quilt you were working on - lots of fun things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! We had a grand time at retreat and have already planned going again in July!

      Delete
  3. Your firebushblocks are adorable. Happy belated birthday. What a fun place for a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the b'day wishes! Fabulous way to bring on another year older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great blocks! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you understand there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your partner... that will induce intense feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness for you buried within his heart?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, worship and look after you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him try harder than ever before to take care of you.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this powerful instinct is absolutely mandatory to having the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You will soon find him expose his mind and heart to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete