Saturday, February 1, 2020

Scrappy Happiness

Happy Scrappy Saturday! Really just a quickie post as I've already shared my blocks. As a refresher: For January, Angela selected light & bright green for our monthly color. I made my nine blocks for January. The pattern for these is called Awesome Land by Lissa Alexander.




February's color of the month for RSC is orange. I cut out a few select orange strips and they're ready to go. What do you think? I believe I've got a good assortment going on here. The colors are a little off. They're a bit more orangey in real life.

As far as using the pattern Heartfire by Sew'n Wild Oaks for Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, I never got any greens sewn up. When I went on retreat, I was waiting on the hexagon template to arrive. It did but I got caught up in another project.

Check out my post on my PHD progress (coming soon). You'll see that I've got a few irons in the fire, as they say!

Have a great weekend!


Linking up with my friends at SoScrappy for loads of green & orange RSC posts! You won't be disappointed at all the inspiration to be found there!!

4 comments:

  1. Your oranges look promising - a really nice variety. And your green blocks are so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your oranges will make great blocks for your RSC quilt. Hope you have a chance to work on Heartfire, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the blocks you make from your oranges..
    Nice green blocks you made...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome green blocks and I feel certain that the ORANGE blocks will be lovely, also!

    ReplyDelete