Saturday, July 4, 2020

July FNwF and Rainbow Scrap Blues

During the week I purposefully had prepared an applique block for sewing on Friday night. Cheryll had sent out the invitation for Friday Night with Friends and I fully intended to be there! This is #20 for Afternoon Delight which is being offered on The Quilt Show. All you have to do is join and the block of the month is FREE. You can get all the details HERE.
So last night night I finished all the nooks & crannies of the circle on the left. I also started adding the "spokes" in the picture on the right. It will end up being a circle in the middle of the circle on the left. I am working this "off block" as my friend Katie taught us during one of our meetings for TAS (The Applique Society). An earlier similar block I did not do like this and, while it turned out OK, it was a pain to sew. I'm thinking (and hoping) that this will be more Sue-friendly!
Previous Twirly Block

So that is what was accomplished last night while watching Blue Bloods. We managed to get into Season 6. Thank goodness for DVD rentals from the library as there is no good TV-watching lately.

Wednesday was July 1 and so Angela chose our next color. It is sky blue. I have totally run out of shades of blue so I have decided to take a pass on the color this month. However, I was late starting the hexies for Heartfire so I will catch them up this month. I have ZERO light/bright green ones for January and just the start of TWO orange ones for February. I also cut out the pieces for ONE teal and TWO dark green blocks for Awesome Land. That will catch me up for those months as well. It all works out perfectly for me because I knew I only needed EIGHT colors for Awesome Land and only SEVEN colors for Heartfire.

I did manage to finish up the pink Heartfire hexies.
My Patriotic Gameboard is finished and hanging.
I finished Block #19 for Afternoon Delight.
I also completed the June 15th clue for Bloomtopia (bottom right motif).
I located my Star in a Star basket, sorted my pieces, and determined that not all the blocks had been pieced entirely. This is my challenge UFO that is due at the August 25th meeting. It is also on my list for the 2020 PHD Challenge.
Various Parts Waiting Completion

Glimpse of 5 Completed Blocks
And how could I end this long post without a picture of our handsome Brody. I think he's looking more boy and less baby!
I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy to see how the others are doing with Sky Blue and also with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' to see how and what my international friends are doing.

Special thanks to my friend Millie for picking me up to visit a quilt store and enjoy lunch out. Fred's kidney will be removed this Tuesday so I don't know how long I'll be house bound taking care of him. Nothing like a good friend to cheer one up, right?

Have a great week!

23 comments:

  1. Hola!
    Cuántas cosas hermosas!!! La aplicación te quedó bellísima. Por lo menos, a mi me gustó. Veo que tienes un montón de labores entre manos y todo bello. Siempre me han gustado los trabajos patrióticos que hacen por estas fechas.
    Y tu Brody está hermoso. Dios lo bendiga. Que lindo se siente saber que hay amigas cosiendo junto con uno los primeros viernes de mes.
    Recibe un fuerte abrazo desde Venezuela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten a lot done this week! Those applique blocks are gorgeous! I think catching up on RSC colors you need for Heartfire is a great idea for July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Patriotic Gameboard wall hanging looks very festive up on the wall, Susie! Best of luck on Fred's upcoming surgery and subsequent recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do hope your hubby's surgery goes well, it must be a trying time for you both. I'm sure you will providing excellent TLC care for him when he returns home, cuddles and good cooking included!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your husband all the best for his surgery. I hope you are ok too. You have done lots of sewing, love the patriotic game board and y9ur blocks and stitchery are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your twirly block and your hexies are pretty too.
    Nice work all round I think. Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your twirly block is beautiful. You've got lots done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly had a productive week! I have been saving the Afternoon Delight patterns but haven't started to make any yet. You are inspiring me to get it going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your applique blocks are gorgeous - they look very demanding too! Lots of lovely projects on the go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of lovliness happening there....babies grow up all of a sudden don't they? All the best for Fred's operation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of work in the Twirly block and you'er working on lots of other lovely projects..
    Little ones just grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your blocks are so beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete