Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July PHD Report

I'll make this short & sweet ... hopefully. What did I hope to accomplish by month end?

To-Do List for June

1. Get that Kyoto to the finish line!!! - Finished in time for Show 'n' Share at my LQS via Zoom. This counts on my PHD list!

2. Get Pooh finished too! - Top is completed. Count that as a win too! Started this QAL with Quilting Gail in June.


3. Cross Patriotic Wall Hanging from my list! - Finished except for stitching down the binding & hanging sleeve and writing on the label. This is the project I found when I was reorganizing my upstairs sewing space due to the baker's rack I snagged. You can read about it HERE.

All in all, I think I did pretty good reaching my June goals. Just a couple loose ends and then I'm done. So what will I hope to do for July?

1. Quilt, bind, & label Winnie the Pooh
2. Finish Patriotic Wall Hanging 100%
3. Get Star in a Star top assembled. This quilt is due at my LQS on August 25th. It finishes as a queen-sized quilt. For credit at the shop, it will also have to be quilted, labeled, and bound. Definitely a big job for July & August. Currently, 5 of the nine 24" blocks are assembled and the top & side borders are complete. What's left? Assemble the final 4 blocks and finish the 4 border cornerstones. They are hand appliqued Celtic knots. Sounds like a hospital project to me!
4. Quilt, label, & bind Hope.
5. A little more progress on Eva Grace would be nice too!

Thanks to Quilting Gail for keeping us accountable with our PHDs. I'll be linking up with the others and cheering my fellow PHDers on!

4 comments:

  1. Great progress! Looks like you are keeping up with your very ambitious goals - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your lovely finished. Good luck with ticking some off the July list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW... that's great progress. Fingers crossed July sees as many ticked off your list...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job finishing up Kyoto! And look at the Winnie the Pooh quilt top - so cute. I really like the patriotic wall-hanging, too. You timed that finish just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete