Saturday, July 11, 2020

RSC Saturday!

Rainbow Scrap Challenge's color for July is dark blue. I didn't get much done for that but I have a project in mind that I hope to start soon. I'm a "starcher" so I can tell you my dark blues & background fabrics have been starched but the cutting has yet to begin! Thank you, Angela, for hosting this party and you can see all the amazing dark blue fun HERE at So Scrappy.

This week put a lot of mileage on my vehicle going back & forth to the hospital. Grateful I could visit but a 45-minute drive each way takes a toll on the gas tank and the driver! Ha! Not complaining, just stating facts. I was able to bring hubby home yesterday so there was a lot of adjusting and readjusting for comfort. The good news is: NO MORE TUBES!

I was able to pop in to the TAS (The Applique Society) class & trunk show by Deborah Tirico. She is the "Wool Applique Queen" and she shared lots of tips and loads of eye candy, including her favorite technique, the colonial knot. This segment preceded the TAS Annual Meeting at 3pm. I was able to pop in for a few minutes to catch Irene Blanck's class at 7pm. She gave a trunk show and a mini-clam shell class.

There is more fun scheduled for today and I'm looking forward to catching whatever I can. I believe the machine applique class by Kathy Delaney is first up this morning followed by needle-turn applique by Barb Eikmeier this afternoon. If you are an applique fan, you might think about joining this group. They're working on growing it and the dues are quite reasonable. HERE is the link to their website which has all the information.

So back to RSC, I chose to catch up my teal and the light blue Awesome Land blocks.
I finished 100% the 2 Afternoon Delight blocks. This quilt was designed by Sue Garman and here are the official pictures of my blocks #20 & #21.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing what everyone has created this week!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy. Glad you found some time to catch up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for fitting in some sewing, along with all of the back and forth to the hospital, Susie. Take special care of Mr. Knitty now that he's home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your hubby is home now, and sending you lots of positive thoughts for the recuperation time! Your Awesome Land blocks are so pretty in the dark and light shades. The Afternoon Delight blocks look great, too. Looks like you have a specially project box to keep them in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing your hubby a safe recovery, it's certainly not easy being sick, especially in these trying times. As always, I love your Awesome blocks, I really want to try these sometimes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know your DH is home! The best place to be, I think, you did great on the Afternoon Delight Block’s! I’m impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are all so lovely, but the best news is that your DH is home and doing well. With luck, he won’t even miss that ol’ kidney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all went well and that your husband is home. Lots of nice things happening I see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending best wishes for your DH's speedy recovery. If you have any blues this month may they be limited to fabric and of your own choosing :-) Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete