Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Kidney Eviction

Spent most of yesterday at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis. Hubby had a 10am showtime for a noon surgery. After his partial nephrectomy in March to remove a cancerous tumor, we just couldn't get him healed up. So yesterday we had the rest of the kidney removed. He was wheeled away about 12:30 with the idea that it was probably about a 3 hour surgery. It lasted 4 hours instead. By the time he got out of recovery and to his room, it was 6:30pm. I left him alone to get his bearings and for his body to remind him what all he'd been through at a little after 7pm putting me home at 8:00. Thank goodness Mom came to the house and took care of Gracie & Polly!

So during the four hour wait, what did I do? My next Afternoon Delight block went from this ....
All parts glued in place.
Stems already sewn down.
to this!
All sewn down.
Mauve berries glued and ready to be sewn!
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, kind words, and prayers. We're looking to get DH home Thursday. I'll be visiting him at the hospital this afternoon. So glad I am able to visit this time but can't take Mom. Still only one guest allowed during the corona virus pandemic. At least I get to go. During his April hospitalization for twelve days, no visitors were allowed.

Have a good Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Wishing your husband a speedy and healthy recovery. Waiting in the hospital can be agony, so it's great to have a project to get your mind off worrying. Your block looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully Your Guy is headed for home today. Congrats on all the progress on your Afternoon Delight block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things are going well for your hubby thus morning so glad you can go be there with him this time! Your block is just beautiful - great idea for the long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all went OK Susie and sending best wishes for a speedy recovery. Love your applique block! Well, I would because I have just pinned in place some basted pieces for a very similar block! What a coincidence. Can I ask please how you get the lovely shape of the berries? - I have a few of those to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been thinking of you two, hoping all is going well. And (small blessings) how nice it was that you could visit him in the hospital! Hopefully now he can heal up and get back to robust health. Wishing all the best (and gentle cyber hugs) to you.

    ReplyDelete