Saturday, July 25, 2020

RSC, Health, and Celtic Knots

This month I dug through my light, bright greens so I could sew the January hexagons for Heartfire blocks. I actually kept my nose to the grindstone and did all SEVEN! Maybe I didn't get them pressed too well but they are going to be just fine!
I finished these in the nick of time because on Sunday afternoon we got two very special visitors. My DIL Amanda arrived with Brody!!! We had such a terrific visit and they stayed until Tuesday afternoon. Please indulge me while I share a few -- Ok, many -- pictures.
DIL & Brody
Gracie couldn't get enough of Brody!
Brody passed his driver's license test!
Polly had just smacked Brody's hands ....
When he promptly sat down with his hands behind his back!
GG (Great-Grandma) giving and getting a little attention with Brody!
 
Family portrait minus the cat. Of course, Gracie was in it!

For those of you following along or wondering about DH's health, he had his 2 week follow-up on Wednesday this week. We were glad it was already scheduled because the 4" incision above his belly button started "weeping" from the top and from the bottom. It was clear fluid with blood in it, pink to dark pink in color. The doctor looked at it and was semi-concerned because apparently it is normal a few days after surgery but not so much 2 weeks after. However he was VERY CONCERNED about the looks of one the laparoscopic incisions, which was now leaking also and was very red. He ended up cutting into it and releasing some infection. That was followed by a lesson for me on how to pack it. So now every morning and every evening we are changing two bandages and keeping a close eye on those spots AND packing & bandaging the other. Of course I'm keeping an eye on it also. We have another follow-up appointment next week. So much fun around here! YOI!

Meanwhile, these last couple of days I've joined some friends on a sleep-in-your-own-bed retreat. I had these four Celtic knot blocks prepped for Star In a Star and I am aiming to get all four done.
This quilt is part of my PHD Challenge and also my LQS UFO Challenge. I.Will.Get.This.Done!

I'll close for now with my favorite picture of my favorite grandson. Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Love your pictures of Brody's visit! Looks like you had lots of fun! I'm so sorry to hear DH is having that kind of problem with his incisions. I can relate because Mike had that problem with an abdominal surgery a couple years ago. He ended having to go to the wound clinic here and they helped tremendously! You might ask your doc about that. Meanwhile, keep sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun family time and some quilting, best way to take your mind off DH's health issues for a little while. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brody is a cute little guy. Looks like he had a lot of fun too. So sorry to hear of the health back step due to the surgical incisions. My Guy went through that too, 2 months after surgery. Wound care is absolutely no fun. Your hexies look great. At least you've had some sanity stitching in there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures of gorgeous Brody. Do hope that your husbands wounds heal quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brody is gorgeous & I can see he brings joy into your life.
    Fingers crossed for hubby's recovery too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great visit from Brody and his mom! So sorry about DH’s incision issues! I hope that there is improvement on that front!

    ReplyDelete