Saturday, December 17, 2022

FNSI but no RSC

Last night was the last Friday Night Sew In for 2022. I'll be looking forward to sewing with Wendy and all my cyber quilters again next year. Here's to all our projects for FNSI 2023!

Last night I sat down to start this really cute Rudolph Christmas pillow. Got the pattern traced to my fusible and cut out.

Next step was to apply the fusible to the wool and then cut it all out on the lines. After ironing it on the beautiful flannel background, it looked like this. I need to find my Clover white pen to trace the writing that goes on this project and then get started stitching this down!

Now that that was done, I thought I'd get a start on the Uptown BOM for December. I got it all traced onto the proper fabrics and quite a bit of it glued down for the first round of applique. All that's left is a couple of heart-shapes and giant leaves!

Hope you're having a good weekend. Mine has started off pretty good!

8 comments:

  1. Fusible web is such a different experience from needle turn, but both so nice in their own ways. Love the reindeer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow in your header photo! It looks like the Rudolph pillow will be a fun one, too. Enjoy your stitching this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rudolf applique is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rudolph is adorable and the background fabric shows him off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's looking cute. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cushion in your header picture. You were busy - Rudolph is very cute. xx

    ReplyDelete